Save data from monster hunter PAL cannot be loaded in monster hunter JP?

1. Hey guys, my problem is the following: I've got this save data from my MHW PAL version on my PSN cloud. I just arrived in Japan and wanted to download said data to play on a japanese PS4 with the japanese version of MHW.

The problem is that while trophies are correctly detected and associated to the game, the save data is not detected by the game at all. I made sure that the data is indeed saved locally in the PS4. I also noticed that when selecting my PSN profile and opening the 'game' tab, there are two identical but separate instances of MHW, which makes me think that the system detects the PAL and JP games as separate entity.

In conclusion, I fear that the two versions of the game are not compatible with each other. Has anyone experienced this? Any way to circumvent the issue? Thank you!

User Info: Furulu

Furulu - 4 months ago

1. Even though PS4's are not region locked and they can play any version of any game, you still need save data that matches the region of the game itself. Therefore, if you have PAL save data, you need the PAL version of the game. If you have the JP version of the game, you need JP save data.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold (Expert) - 4 months ago 2   0
  2. Ok thanks!

User Info: Furulu

Furulu - 4 months ago