1. I just completed the story for MHW,and I want to farm some weapons and armors and I need lunastra's resources to craft them.I can't beat lunastra no matter how many times I have tried,I have spent over 3 hours trying to kill lunastra with the help of SOS flare and I die and fail every single time.This just makes me want to stop playing the game.

User Info: Viance

Viance - 1 month ago

1. Ok. Here's how to deal with Lunastra as a whole.

First, Make sure you have the following before you even face her:

Fireproof Mantle (This will limit the amount of damage from Fiery Explosion by a good bit)
    Cool Drink or Heatproof Skill (This will keep you from losing health from her as she's the equivalent to the Volcano).
    A water weapon is great, but if you don't have it, raw is fine.
    Armor that is over 400 and isn't weak to fire.

Battle Tactics:

She's quick and strong. You'll need to dodge or block correctly yo deal with her constant dashing. When you see her backing up, this is the time to wail on her (lest you want her to be enraged and get her heat aura online). The blue flames will eat your health, so if you find any water pods, shoot the fire to get rid of it.

WARNING ALERT:

When she's airborne, she's going to do one of two things:

A. She will divebomb you and deal some damage if you stay put. This is what you want!
    B. She will get "P***Y" and explode the world and if you're in the "Flare Zone", you'll be taking constant fire damage and she will extend it by exploding a second time. This is why you should have that Fireproof Mantle prior to this fight (Unless you're a gunner, then you shouldn't be near her to begin with.).

WARNING ALERT:

If you flash her, she will not get stunned and she will automatically explode the world. Flipside, she will lose her flame aura to attack safely again, but that's only if you don't get carted.

If you need more help, let us know.

User Info: Raziel_X007223

Raziel_X007223 - 1 week ago 1 0

Answers

1. There's a video on youtube titled "EZ PZ Lunastra: Which weapons to make and how to beat her [MHW]". That would be a good place to start. They give advice on how to deal with her moves, what to aim for, and what weapon types work best against her.

User Info: FluffyHeretic

FluffyHeretic - 3 weeks ago 0 0
  2. I haven't beaten Lunastra yet, either, but from most of the advise I've been given and/or seen online; it seems the key to defeating Lunastra is to stay close to her.

This is because she cannot spawn purple flame puddles close to her; thus her insanely overpowered backdraft attacks from said-puddles won't hit you. (You still have to deal with her close-range attacks and the uninterruptible nova burst, though.)

User Info: GunBlazeEX

GunBlazeEX - 4 weeks ago 0 2