Red "x"ed out items in pouch and box?

1. I just bought some barrel bombs and put them in my box and pouch. Now they are red "X"ed out and I haven't used them yet? I was stalking a monster to where it was sleeping and wanted to use Big Barrel Bombs (2) and it wouldn't let me, and Yes they were in the pouch and in the box..so why CAN'T I USE them? whats up with that??

User Info: yuiYoshida1987

yuiYoshida1987 - 1 year ago

1. Any item with a red X over it indicates you can't use it. This is most apparent when you look at ammo as a blademaster and less apparent otherwise. As was stated, some items (namely traps and bombs) cannot be used on irregular terrain such as on mud piles, under deep water, or on a viney canopy. Depending on the monster you're trying to hunt, you might just have to deal with the denial of damage, plop a trap down wherever you can, and guide it in for a capture to end things quicker.

User Info: MercenarySeive

MercenarySeive (Expert) - 1 year ago 1   0

1. Make sure you're not on weird terrain. There are certain places that will not allow you to place barrel bombs. A common one is in Wildspire Waste, the muddy area seems to prevent you from placing them.

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0
  2. Make sure you are on a level surface and it is "normal" terrain. If you are on "normal" terrain, trying moving around a bit to see if it will let you drop. As you've pointed out too, you can only carry 2 barrel bombs at a time in your direct inventory.

User Info: shadowgendo

shadowgendo (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0
  3. Depending on the item it could be as simple as a terrain issue.

User Info: franzhopper

franzhopper (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   1