Can you transfer character data for Monster Hunter World from one PSN account to another?

1. I've been playing on my boyfriend's PS4 and on his account. So, I figured it would be pretty simple to snag my character off his system, thing is, I can't seem to transfer the individual character data itself; instead it wants me to use cloud storage and transfer the entire save file that way.

BUT, it still won't allow me to access the save file. Only when I log into my bf's account, do the files show up (even on my PS4).

So my question is thus: is it possible to take a single character save data from his PSN account and PS4 and transfer it to my PSN account on my PS4?

We've been having trouble doing so and I'm starting to believe it's a licensing issue. He bought the special edition: I did NOT.

Would that prevent me from copying the character data? Or is character data just not transferable in that way?

Boy do I miss the era of memory cards... xDDD lol

User Info: Cute_Newt

Cute_Newt - 2 years ago

1. The character data should be locked to whichever account it was made with. So if you made a character on your bf's profile you will have to be signed in with him. Theres no getting around that.

User Info: CommunistMadman

CommunistMadman (Expert) - 2 years ago 1   0

1. BTW, this isn't a MHW issue, its how PS4 game saves work. Its not related to the versions of the game you have.

User Info: agustusx

agustusx - 2 years ago 1   0

1. Sadly no. Like the others say, your character is tied to the PSN it was created on.

User Info: Dguzma07_PSN

Dguzma07_PSN (Expert) - 2 years ago 0   0
  2. It's tied to whatever account the character was made on unfortunately.

User Info: Wolf_Ownz_U

Wolf_Ownz_U - 10 months ago 0   0
  3. This isn't about mhw but for monster hunter for any ds games can you chat at all with people or is it just premade texts

User Info: Megsnbruce

Megsnbruce - 2 months ago 0   0