Where do broken off parts go?

1. So for example I want a monsters tail to use in Armor crafting. When on a hunt, I break off it's tail. Now, will I get the tail when I beat the monster and carve it or does the tail fall where I broke it and I have to backtrack and find it within 60 seconds after beating the monster?

User Info: zakarupon

zakarupon - 2 years ago

1. tails are a independent salvage from the monster that you do need to carve after you break it off but I have not seen one despawn yet, usually what happens is the monster will go to a new area before I kill it and I just carve the tail there then chase the monster. other breakage parts I am not 100% sure but sometimes a white pebble will drop onto the ground and your scout flies will identify it as (insert monster name here) item or something like that and it will have the icon of ? when the scout flies bring it up to your HUD

User Info: SteelDragon5

SteelDragon5 - 2 years ago 0   0

1. I just started this game, so I'm not sure, but if it's like previous MH games then severed tails will fall where they're cut. You should try to carve the tail before killing the monster, because you're right, the monster might leave the area and die somewhere far from where its tail was severed. You won't want to try to rush back to the severed tail after killing the monster, so try to carve the tail right away and then continue the fight. Carving during combat leaves you vulnerable, but you can do it.

User Info: OCDGamer15

OCDGamer15 - 2 years ago 0   0