Guide and Walkthrough by Darth_Havok
Version: 1.4 | Updated: 07/06/2020
Highest Rated Guide
Table of Contents
Version 1.4 - 2020-07-04
- 100% Collectibles have been completed for all Chapters
- Pictures updated for all Collectibles
- Guide is now 100% completed!
Version 1.3 - 2020-06-29
- All Collectibles (Artefacts, Trading Cards, Workbenches, Journal Entries, Safes, etc.) now added for Seattle Day 1, Seattle Day 2, Seattle Day 3 and The Park.
- Story Walkthrough text completed.
- Reorganized the menu for easier Chapter and Sub-Chapter navigation.
- All Collectibles now added for Jackson.
- Initial Upload.
- Trophy section complete.
- Covered the Story from beginning to Seattle Day 2.
- Please note that this guide is created to provide some general advice and direction to be able to clear the main story from beginning to end.
- This guide will also keep spoilers in mind, and as such, the titles for sections, pictures, or in some cases lack of them, are with that same thought in mind.
- This guide is designed to cover basic combats tips, as different difficulty settings can vary the actual step-by-step tactics for each enemy.
- If you notice any errors, or you have any advice you wish to add, please let me know and i will provide you with full credit.
An important item of note, is that I won't attempt to walk you through the specific combat steps of any scenario. Why? Well, aside from the fact that it may take away your enjoyment of the experience, it's also important to note that the enemy AI will do things differently each time you encounter them, even in the same scenario. What you do, will often affect what they do. So below are some general tips instead that may help you.
- "Run-and-Gun" isn't usually the best approach. While it's certainly possible, you're usually low on ammo and supplies by design, as this is a survival game. Generally Stealth or Misdirection is the best approach.
- If you're not sure of the best way to get through an area, try taking note of what the area provides you. For example, if there's lots of cover, long grass, etc. you will want to use it. There's usually bricks and bottles littered around, so make use of them to distract enemies, throw dogs off your scent, etc.
- Sometimes it's best to avoid, rather than kill. I find this to be mostly true with Infected. Infected aren't looking for you. So if you stay clear of them, you don't have to waste ammo taking them out. Granted most of them can be killed in Stealth if you like.
- Always loot everything. You never know what you may need and when you may need it. If you're full of anything at any given time, unless you're specifically planning for its use, craft something and replace it whenever possible.
- Always make sure you're at or near full health.
- Always make sure your weapons are fully loaded. If you get more ammo, switch to the weapon and hit R2.
- Use the Silencer or Arrows. Doesn't make noise, so it won't alert enemies.
- Aim for head-shots. Not only does this do the most damage, in the case of arrows, there's a chance you can get them back from the body this way.
- Upgrade your weapons and skills.
- Use traps and the environment to your advantage. Whether it's preset traps, or one you set, you can place bombs or throw Molotovs in doorways, corridors, or other areas that force the enemy (especially Infected) to move in the way you want them to, in order to maximize their damage or exposure.
- Use your enemies against each other. Remember, Infected aren't looking for you. If you're in a space with Infected and human enemies, make noise near the humans to attract the Infected while you hide and wait it out. Let them kill each other and you can either sneak by or take out whoever survives.
Five years after their dangerous journey across the post-pandemic United States, Ellie and Joel have settled down in Jackson, Wyoming. Living amongst a thriving community of survivors has allowed them peace and stability, despite the constant threat of the infected and other, more desperate survivors.
When a violent event disrupts that peace, Ellie embarks on a relentless journey to carry out justice and find closure. As she hunts those responsible one by one, she is confronted with the devastating physical and emotional repercussions of her actions.