The data for the following application is corrupted?

1. Towards the end of the Seattle area I can’t advance because I get this error message: cannot continue using the application.
    The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4 and then insert the disc again.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled four times. The game lets me walk for about twenty seconds then I get the error message again.

I’ve reconfigured my data and freed up my hard drive.

I’ve read other people have had this issue, some even right at the end of the game so I’m worried about deleting my save and starting again if it’s just going to happen again. I’d also rather not have to restart everything after putting time in, I want to enjoy the game.

Considering restarting the chapter but again, same concerns.

Something else I’m considering is that it’s because I’m playing on a disc. I could spend $100 on the PlayStation store to download the game. However I don’t really want to do that because I’ve already spent $70 on the disc and if THAT doesn’t work then I’m gonna be much more annoyed.

This is the only PS4 single player game I’ve wanted to play since red dead II, I’ve really been enjoying it and now I can’t even play.

Anybody got recommendations? Who can I contact about this for tech support?

User Info: Privatejoker17

Privatejoker17 - 1 week ago
  2. I have the disc on ps4 too and my game froze in Santa Barbara. I ended up with a CE-34878-0 error that my ps4 reported to Sony, but luckily the game started up again. I hope someone has some recommendations for you. Have you started up the game and instead of walking to get the error again, instead doing a new manual save and closing down normally, and then reloading that save specifically? Or reloading a previous save or previous autosave instead of just choosing continue?

User Info: BaldPrincess77

BaldPrincess77 - 1 week ago
  3. Yeah unfortunately have tried a previous save and am still getting the issue. Would have to delete my save data and restart the game, however there's nothing that tells me this won't just happen again if I do that :/

User Info: Privatejoker17

Privatejoker17 - 1 week ago