1. I have the legendary buck trinket and I'm using improved arrows and killing deer and pronghorn with one shot but I'm only getting "good" pelts. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

User Info: MushuUHungry

MushuUHungry - 1 month ago

1. Hold R1 to study the animal and it will tell you whether the animal is poor, good or pristine before you shoot it. Not every animal in the wild will automatically be in pristine condition before killing it.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510 - 1 month ago 4   1

Answers

1. Try aiming for the head, or heart. Also, you need a scoped rifle to get 3 star pelts from Deer and Pronghorn. Using arrows on them takes down some of the pelts quality

User Info: neb519

neb519 - 1 month ago 2   1
  2. I almost exclusively hunted deer with a bow and always got perfect pelts, it just has to be a headshot. In fact the bow works for the majority of animals except the really big or small ones. But yeah any rifle will also work, just always go for headshots.

User Info: iHateMutanTs

iHateMutanTs - 4 weeks ago

3. While everyone has stated pretty much what is needed you can also lasso your intended animal that you want to kill if its large enough to BE lassoed in the first place that way you can use your knife to kill it and preserve the pelt better that way. However first like they have all said check the stat quality first before using this tactic in order to get a perfect pelt. Hope this helps.

User Info: Cy_Gogetenks

Cy_Gogetenks - 4 weeks ago 1   0

4. First: Get the trinket, which you have so step one done.
    Second: Each animal has a specified weapon class to score perfect skins. To find which gun to use, open the compendium, go to animals, find whatever animal you're trying to get 3* skins from, and select it. In the description it'll say something like, on whitetail deer for example, "Long range weapons such as a rifle, or a bow with poison arrows, are considered best when hunting". Use whatever weapon is mentioned.
    Third: Use the binoculars. As Natural510 said, Hold R1 to study the animal and it will tell you whether the animal is poor, good or pristine before you shoot it. Not every animal in the wild will automatically be in pristine condition before killing it. If it doesn't have 3, dont bother.
    Fourth and final: Go for a headshot. If it isn't a one shot kill on the head, star quality goes down. Unfortunately, this also counts for small game, and its a pain trying to nail a headshot on a rabbit running from you.

User Info: joshiki_r

joshiki_r - 4 weeks ago 1   1

5. I think its random sometimes, for example once I got a rat corpse that said 1 star but when I skinned it I got a perfect skin

User Info: Jelly_Bean

Jelly_Bean - 1 month ago 0   2