How do i move items from my personal satchel to the horse satchel?

1. I cant seem to figure out how to move items from me to the horse. standing next to it but dont see a way to move items to the horse's inventory.

User Info: dirty-randy

dirty-randy - 9 months ago

1. You don't. The "Horse Cargo" category is where you find the pelts, carcasses and such that you physically place on the horse. It isn't a chest for you to store loot freely. You can sell items (or donate them to Pearson or The Trapper for crafting/provisions) by interacting with them while your horse is nearby.

User Info: WaywardSon73

WaywardSon73 - 9 months ago 4   0

Answers

1. I am fairly sure you don't... Unless I am unaware.

User Info: Syrant

Syrant - 9 months ago 2   0
  2. So far, I think it's only clothing you can move to your horse and you have to go to the chest at the end of your bed in the gang camp, select the clothing and press Square or X to make it go to the saddle.

User Info: Nerdy_Weapon_X

Nerdy_Weapon_X - 9 months ago 2   0
  3. I was having a similar problem myself, as I kept getting a message saying my inventory was full when I skinned an animal, but yet I could still pick other things up. I believe that you can carry an unlimited VARIETY of items, but a limited QUANTITY of each, e.g. 5 Animal Fat. The total capacity for each item is increased with satchel upgrades. It doesn't matter if an item is on Arthur, or on his horse.

User Info: BoudaSmoke

BoudaSmoke - 9 months ago 2   0
  4. You can't really take them out, to store them. This game doesn't work the same as games like Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher, etc. You can cook the meat in to food, at the camp fire. The camp fire that you get when you set up camp, out in the wilderness. You can also craft other things here, as well. Or, you can sell the meat or donate it to the caravan. Items like rings and watches can also be donated to camp or sold to a fence. You CAN equip a pocket watch. This will show up in the same spot as your binoculars. When you activate it, he'll pull it out and you can see the time. Basically, just like WaywardSon said, if your horse is in the vicinity, you can sell or donate directly from your horse to the vendor. You don't need to remove them, first. You can also, access your satchel by holding the d-pad to the right. Even if your not on or next to your horse.

User Info: Sendex

Sendex - 9 months ago 1   0
  5. hey guys thanks a million for your help on the horse satchel it was driving me crazy much appreciated. cheers

User Info: seathestars67

seathestars67 - 9 months ago 2   1
  6. There is a separate horse inventory by walking up to it and holding right on the D-Pad. But it doesn't say anything about moving items over. Especially since the game doesn't tell you why your inventory is full or gives you an alternate way to store things at camp :\

User Info: SkeletonK1ng

SkeletonK1ng - 9 months ago 1   1
  7. In my limited exposure to the game, the goal is to collect items to upgrade your satchel to allow you to carry more, not utilise other aspects of the game for storage.

User Info: RazorTrader

RazorTrader - 9 months ago 1   1
  8. my question is the opposite I can't seem to figure out how to take imthings out my horse satchel,I've gold silver watches food meat etc,help?

User Info: seathestars67

seathestars67 - 9 months ago 1   1
  9. You can also just see the time by hitting down on the D-pad so I feel like the pocket watch is a style thing.

User Info: Syrant

Syrant - 9 months ago 1   1