Guide and Walkthrough by AzMuch
Version: 1.30 | Updated: 05/29/2020
FAQ of the Month Winner: January 2019 | Official GameFAQs Guide
Table of Contents
- Game Play
- Walkthrough - Journey's Beginning
- Walkthrough - High Jinks with the Hooded Youth
- Walkthrough - Homeward-Bound
- Walkthrough - The Sister Assisters
- Walkthrough - Chasing Rainboughs
- Walkthrough - All Aboard!
- Walkthrough - The Inland Sea
- Walkthrough - Masked Masters of Martial Mayhem
- Walkthrough - The Truth of the Tragedy
- Walkthrough - The Sad Tale of the Sighing Siren
- Walkthrough - The Mystery of the Mural
- Walkthrough - A C-C-Cold Kingdom
- Walkthrough - Yggdrasil-Bound At Last
- Walkthrough - A Dark New World
- Walkthrough - Hope Rekindled
- Walkthrough - The Mountaintop Monastery
- Walkthrough - Smile-Spreaders of the World Unite!
- Walkthrough - Dreams of Despair
- Walkthrough - A Rogue's Redemption
- Walkthrough - Onward and Upward
- Walkthrough - Let There Be Light
- Walkthrough - Showdown with the Lord of Shadows
- Post-Game - Making Up for Lost Time
- Post-Game Treasure Hunt
- Post-Game Places to Go, Things to Do
- Post-Game - To The Dark Star
- Metal Slime Hunting for EXP
- Side Quests
- Character Builder
- Pep Powers
- Fun-Size Forge
- Trophy List
The aim of this Guide is to provide information that will help you have a complete game experience when you play Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.
- It will cover the basics like game controls, the flow of the game, how battles play out, and special features unique to this game.
- The walkthrough sections offer a step-by-step guide to playing and finishing the game, with maps, item locations, enemy data and battle strategies. No walkthrough can be completely spoiler-free, but this one makes the attempt.
- There is comprehensive coverage of post-game adventuring and optional Trials.
- The Guide also covers side quests and mini-games.
- You will find instructions and advice for creating things with the Fun-Size Forge.
- It also provides detailed information about skills, equipment, and a bestiary, along with comprehensive shop and item lists.
The Guide was prepared with the novice player in mind, but even experienced players can benefit from the information it offers. Whatever level of help you need to play the game, hopefully you can find something here.
Enjoy the game.
This guide was prepared for the original version of the game while playing on PlayStation 4. It will cover the overwhelming majority of the Definitive Edition of the game, but it does not include content exclusive to the Nintendo Switch release.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is a Japanese-style role-playing game released in the United States by Square Enix for PlayStation 4 and PC on September 4, 2018. It is the latest installment in the storied and acclaimed Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest franchise, and the first to reach the West for console players since 2005. It is a stand-alone adventure in classic JRPG style that takes advantage of current generation engines to present great scenery, charming animations and engaging game play.
As described by the game developer:
DRAGON QUEST XI tells the tale of a hunted hero: denigrated as a demon and pursued by a malicious monarch, you must embark on a quest to unravel the mystery of your fate and save a doomed world. At the heart of the game is an immersive story with twists and turns that pull you in and keep you craving more – from the opening cutscene to the final credits!
Accompanying the hero on his quest is an endearing band of adventurers with their own rich backstories and personalities as diverse as their designs. Once again, famed manga artist Akira Toriyama brings the characters of DRAGON QUEST to life with his delightful, one-of-a-kind style.
DRAGON QUEST XI brings a massive, gorgeous world to life in a style that blends stylistic cel-shading with photorealistic detail. Excitement lurks around every corner as players explore populous cities, quaint villages, magnificent castles, and dark dungeons. NPC’s attend to their daily schedules, monsters change behaviors to fit their environments, and players can access new areas with the use of monstrous vehicles.
DRAGON QUEST XI’s turn-based battle system eases players into combat with an accessible experience that features mechanics simple enough for the novice but with enough depth to satisfy hardcore fans.
In addition to its captivating narrative, DRAGON QUEST XI features tons of side-quests and addicting mini-games that provide enough content to keep you playing for well over 100 hours. You will face insurmountable odds and an evil force of unimaginable power… but while the stakes are high, there are many fun distractions to find if you know where to look.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is a very large game. The main story line is a long one, there are post-game events, and you will find a lot of optional content throughout the game. There will be formal side quests you can take up along your journey. In addition, you can become a collector of Mini Medals or a Crossbow Crackshot. Speaking to all the right people (or animals) in Erdrea will offer extra accolades and Trophies. There are several challenging Trials as well. If that is not enough, you can play slots, cards or roulette at the Casinos and exchange your winnings for unique items, or enter the horse races (you do the riding, not the betting) and win some fabulous prizes.
Whether or not you want to pursue all the optional things, there is plenty of content here to keep you occupied and entertained.
There is a lot of information in this Guide and the Walkthrough makes frequent use of links to take you to other pages with more detail. Click on a word or phrase in Bold and Colored Type to find out more about the topic. When you are finished, hit <Backspace> or use your browser's Page Back button to return to where you were.
If you came here looking for something specific, you can use the Search bar at the top of any page to search the entire guide. Enter your search term and scroll through the results to find one in the right context.