Where is a good place to find Metal Slimes near end of act 2?

1. I am in act 2 at the fortress of fear and am at the point where I can fight jasper but I need to level up,already know about the slime island in top right of map,any other places?

User Info: Rswiney

Rswiney - 10 months ago

1. They can be found anywhere using the pep power "electro light" The following is best method for grinding; its dividends pay less in act 2, however. Get Hero, Jade, Erik pepped up at same time (may need to switch characters in/out to accomplish this) and then activate the pep power "Hallelujah" - this will double the xp earned at end of battle. Next, get Hero, Jade, Sylvano pepped up at same time (may need to switch characters in/out to accomplish this) and then activate the pep power "electro light" - this will usually summon 3 metal slimes. Use high crit skills to kill them.

The way I do it: Get Jade, Erik, and Sylvano pepped up before starting the process (save in case something goes wrong) I'll start next random encounter with Hero, Jade, Erik, and a healer other than Sylvano (Hero will use ability that instantly peps him up) then use "Hallelujah" I'll just defend until Jade gets pepped up again (switch out Erik if he peps up) Once Jade peps, switch in Sylvano (already pepped) and Erik if switched out. Have Hero use his instant pep ability then use the pep power "electro light" to summon 3 metal slimes. Kill and repeat. On rare occasions metal slimes won't summon - just reload save if this happens. Sounds like a lot of work, but it's real easy once you get the hang of it... and the xp earned is massive (especially in act 3)

If you just want to find them naturally, then Heliodor region will have vicious metal slimes.
    Laguna li Gondolia will have hardy hands
    Fortress of Fear spawns metal king slimes with other enemies.

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine (Expert) - 10 months ago 0   0

1. If you search youtube for "Dragon Quest XI FASTEST WAY TO FARM XP / LEVEL UP" it should have a video walkthrough. The guy basically uses haulellujah then electrolight. Halellujah boosts xp earned and electrolight has a chance to change the enemies to a metal slime variant. Otherwise you could check the bestiary for the specific slime you want and go to where it says they spawn and grind it out. Electrolight is most likely better if you can use that at the point in the game where you are.

User Info: Necromor

Necromor - 10 months ago 0   0