How/where can I get auto-cure materia?

1. Chadley won’t give it to me or sell it to me. I’ve finish all battle intel and side quest,why?

User Info: Zarcus

Zarcus - 4 weeks ago
  2. What Chapter of the game are you in?

User Info: Aeptia

Aeptia - 4 weeks ago
  3. I've finished the game. I'm playing through hard mode now.

User Info: Zarcus

Zarcus - 4 weeks ago

Answers

1. Sounds like a glitch. You should've received it when completing the very first battle intel quest - Monster Bio Pt. 1.

User Info: Ryugo77

Ryugo77 - 4 weeks ago 2   0
  2. Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like a glitch... And its one I haven't seen reported or mentioned either so... Not too sure how to answer this either. If you've done a thorough check of your Materia and slots, and its not there and Chadley's showing it as being sold out?

You might have to restart a whole new file, as its likely locked as an issue with an internal flag not clearing properly for completion. And if you've been able to get the further intel done and grabbed those materia just fine? Then its a specific flag and not an issue with that associated line...

I'd say maybe try starting up a 'new' game on a separate file, push through to chapter 3 and see if you're able to get it. If you can, then it's just file specific thankfully... Which, is something that could always be patched.
    Otherwise, with the PS4 lacking a way of 'verifying' installation and files for the game? You'd likely need to do a full uninstall/delete and redownload/install of the game. Backup your save files too onto cloud storage if you can, and delete them as well before starting the game up. I'd recommend another Chapter 3 push to verify its working... And if it is? Download your save from the cloud, load it up, and see if it works.

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 3   1
  3. To note, I wouldn't worry too much over missing Auto-Cure. It definitely has its uses to be sure to patch things up in a pinch, but for Hard mode? It's not the greatest, as its an involuntary burn of that characters MP and ATB--and you should be relying more on non-magic healing like Chakra and Pray over cures.

So only try the above if you are dead-set on getting it. Like I said, I've not heard of this glitch aside from your prior question on it and I can't find anything around about it or fixes. My suggestion is simply that, a suggestion on what might fix it but not a guaranteed fix. The flag could be something specifically tied to your game save independent of the game's files so... yeah. It's a heavy bit of guesswork on my end.

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi - 4 weeks ago
  4. I've checked my materia list many times and it is really is not there. Anyways thanks very much for this. I might try this after collecting the trophies. It is clear now for me that it is not much of a help having auto-cure on my hard mode play through

User Info: Zarcus

Zarcus - 4 weeks ago