What is the best way to lvl up materia before beating the game?

1. I want to level up my magic materia before the end game, and get the reward before fighting the final boss. What is the best way to do this? I will not be replaying the game once the credits roll, so I want as much as possible for the end fight.

User Info: VGPod3

VGPod3 - 4 weeks ago

1. It'll be Chapter 14 minimum if you want to keep your sanity. Getting the Pedometer materia and maxing it out will make this grind somewhat easier... But you'll be losing out on the innate double AP from beating the game. Most materia won't be an issue to max, the only one that is would be Revive materia because it requires 5000 AP.

If you keep it equipped from the second you get it? That makes it easier on you as that's less AP needed to grind. But I was... I believe, still about 2-2.5k short on it when I beat the game, even with some grinding before Chapter 9.

Chadley's next (and last appearance) would be Ch. 16 and is your final chance to turn in intel and do his VR missions. So either try out the Colosseum in Chapter 14, or when you hit Chapter 16 and find Chadley again, your last good chance is the simulator you unlock before running into him. Both 14 and 16 give you access to repeatable fights that way, but I can't quite comment on the AP gain. Repeatable fights like them are your best bet for leveling AP however.

And if you wait til Ch. 16 or decide to push ahead to it, you can also unlock the XP+ materia, and grind out levels as well while you're at it, though the materia I believe only affects the person equipped with it.

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 2   1
  2. like Cursed said that are good options but requiere that u have alot of gil because every challenge in the arena or Shinra Simulator costs 300-700 Gil. The next option is after u beat the game playing chapter 16 until the Glas Door, reselect chapter 16 and start again. If u dont want to spend money u can fight the summons but AP gain is not great and it gets Boring really fast

User Info: AuraLaura

AuraLaura - 4 weeks ago

Answers

1. Oof, well, as stated above are good methods but you might just drive yourself crazy doing all that. If you're not married to the idea entirely or just have the free time it is SO much easier after beating the game. To each their own, though!

User Info: Syrant

Syrant - 4 weeks ago 0   0
  2. For me, the thought of going into the final boss battle without getting everything is... Wrong. I just can't do it. I missed the AP up materia in chapter 14 though, so I don't think it's possible.. That bloody revival materia! 5000ap!?

User Info: VGPod3

VGPod3 - 4 weeks ago
  3. Early Game for me was in chapter 9. With magnify + fira and some setup with First strike, ATB accesorie, and ATB stagger boost, Aerith can fry through all fights in "2 Party Members vs Slum Outlaws" in 30 seconds. Easy fight and quick but only two person can equip materials. In a short time you will reach level 30, Aerith can then switch to lighting, wind or ice to one or two short all of them within few seconds in each fight.

Later in game, chapter 14. "3 Member Team vs Shinra Warriors" is a nice one. The drawback is that single elemental setup cannot wipe through them easily since their weakness varies. Tifa can do it in less than 2 minutes.

User Info: Eggplant

Eggplant - 3 weeks ago 0   0
  4. Just beat the game. Once you do the game triples the amount of ap you get. Then you can start grinding materia and prep yourself for hard mode which is a totally different experience from the other difficulties.

User Info: Dusty128

Dusty128 - 4 weeks ago 0   1
  5. I remembered a Spot to train i Used it When i ran short on gil and didnt want to leave chapter 17. U fight a bunch of enemies when the rubbel gets Taken care of. If go up to the elevator (dont use it) and then go back to the room where the rubbel Was, they respawned. Thats the only Spot i can think of that doesnt need chapter select or Gil to farm.

User Info: AuraLaura

AuraLaura - 4 weeks ago 0   3