Mimic farming question?

1. I'm trying to get the Symbol of Avarice with Undead Hunter Charms.
    If a Mimic drops an item and I pick up that item and it's something other than The Symbol of Avarice, can I continue farming the same Mimic with Undead Hunter Charms to try to get it? So far when I've picked up an item from the Mimic, the Mimic doesn't drop anything else.

User Info: Skrye

Skrye - 3 years ago
  2. If I already picked up an item from the Mimic, will it keep dropping items though?

User Info: Skrye

Skrye - 3 years ago

1. After extensive testing, I've come to a definitive answer to this question.
    Even if the Mimic drops an item, you can still use undead hunter charms on it. Many times this will lead to nothing in the chest.
    However, if you keep doing it, the Sybol of Avarice will eventually drop.
    After picking up the first item, the Mimic chest doesn't seem to drop anything else except Symbol Of Avarice.

A good method is to buy around 50 charms or whatever you can afford (you can only carry 5, but the extras will store in the bonfire storage) then go to Pontiff Sulyvahn's arena bonfire.
    On the second floor of this room is a Mimic Chest. If you wake it up by hitting it, it will follow you. Lead it near the first floor bonfire by taking the elevator but don't let it too close to the bonfire (if it's too close you won't be able to use the bonfire) avoid any attacks it dishes out and when you see an opening throw an undead hunter charm. This will temporarily put it to sleep.
    Now run away out of it's detecting range. It will get up and look around after a few seconds. If it doesn't see you it will fall asleep in that same spot and stay there (unless you warp to another location). You can use the bonfire as long as you dont warp and the Mimic will stay in the spot you put it to sleep. Now it's closer to the bonfire and easier to farm for the Symbol of Avarice. Everytime you activate the bonfire, your undead hunter charms are refilled with the ones from your storage if you have them quick selected.
    This is how I quickly got the Symbol of Avarice.

User Info: Skrye

Skrye - 3 years ago 1   0

1. The symbol of Avarice has a low chance of dropping.
    Putting the mimic to sleep counts like killing it and the symbol has a chance of popping up.
    If it didn't "drop", try again until a drops.

I did it with my last Mimic alive and it worked.

User Info: Externica

Externica (Expert) - 3 years ago 0   0