Should I buy DS3?

1. I'm about to finish bloodborne for platinum trophy and really like that game, I know it isn't tied to dark souls 3 storywise but it is from the same makers and would like to know the pro's and cons for switching from bloodborne to DS series. For what I've read DS is more about tanking instead of the agressive playstyle of bloodborne.

And when I start playing DS3 is it still fun to play while I missed the storyline of DS 1 & 2?

Your opinions please

User Info: ass-CRAB

ass-CRAB - 3 years ago

1. You might as well start with Dark Souls 2.
    Though the second is disliked by most in general, because of various reason.
    One is the Adaptability stat, which is tied to I-Frames. Other things are that your max health is reduced when turning hollow and that enemies stop respawning after killed enough time. The later is a blessing in disguise and a certain covenant makes them respawn.
    After getting into the game's mechanics, I started to have fun with it.

Dark Souls 3 is by far the easiest Souls I have played so far. It's still fun.
    The games are also very loosly tied to each other. Some items mention characters from previous games, but it's closer to an "Aha!"-effect, than being strictly important to know.
    Granted, those little effects made the third more charming for me. But there is so little and so few, you'll hardly miss them. The third game also no longer ties I-Frames to any stat.
    Magic has also changed by introducing the focus bar. This makes magic a lot more limited.

User Info: Externica

Externica (Expert) - 3 years ago 1   0