How to use gestures in Dark Souls III?

1. As I did in DS2, I ran straight into the action and played my way through the stages only to require co-op help later to fight bosses. From this point (tree boss) I realized i could not thank or gesture my co-op comrades. I have been asking forums on how to use gestures but everyone is flagging it as a noob question and ignoring it. I have reviewed everyone option within the "Select" menu, there is no gesture menu available. I am feeling that there may be an error with my copy of DS3 or maybe have not installed a add-in/plug-in required.

Any help will be appreciated?
    CIvandal - 5 years ago - report

1. If you are playing on the PS4, hit the left side of the touchpad to bring up the menu and then choose a gesture or hotkey the gestures you want to perform them quickly. Using them without bringing up the menu is so difficult, most people just use the menu. Krystal109 (Expert / FAQ Author) - 5 years ago - report 16   10

1. Ps4, do what Krystal109 said, or hold (X) and shake/move your controller like the menu shows. PSNPyrophreek - 5 years ago - report 9   7