Do I need the GOTY edition to get mods or can I get mods on the regular edition?

1. I’ve looked all over the internet for the answer but no exact answer just dated things about the goty edition from release

User Info: 3kRendo

3kRendo - 7 months ago

1. You can get mods for the regular edition, but they are more difficult to find. You will likely need to check the mod page and then see if there are any dlc requirements or it will likely say that it is for the vanilla game.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 7 months ago 1   0
  2. What mod page are you talking about? I'm trying to decide which one to buy bc idk which will enable me to have a better experience but at the same time which one is cheaper... what do you think?

User Info: 3kRendo

3kRendo - 7 months ago
  3. You will find most of the mods at (we can't post actual links in the answers section)
    www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/

As an example, this mod -
    www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215

has high contrast world map with roads, topography, and waterline all clearly visible. Optional number grid and regions.
    There are no requirements except for the base game for this mod.

You will have to search the mods available at the first link, or internet search for the type of mods you want, or post on the board for recommendations.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/164592-fallout-4

Most of the mods are free, so check out the ones you want to try. Just don't overdo it by adding too many.

Enjoy!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k - 7 months ago