Can't find Dogmeat anywhere. Any more tips please?
I lost Dogmeat and can't find him. I believe the last time I saw him was when I let Cait become my companion in the Combat Zone. Storyline-wise, I'm at the part where Nick suggests using Dogmeat to track a scent, so I imagine I can't proceed unless I can actually find the dog.
Before these suggestions are offered, I've tried:
- checking all 3 doghouses in Sanctuary Hills. all empty.
- checking all the roofs in Sanctuary Hills. found Carla stuck up there, but no Dogmeat.
- building a bell and ringing it. all the other townspeople come, but not Dogmeat.
- checking his original spawn point at Red Rocket Truck Stop. running all around the area, spending some time there.
- checking Tenpines Bluff just in case I accidentally sent him there.
- building bells at Red Rocket and Tenpines Bluff and ringing them.
- destroying all but one of the doghouses in Sanctuary Hills, which I've moved to a convenient location.
- building doghouses in Red Rocket and Tenpines Bluff.
- sleeping for 24 hours (in game).
- waiting (at least 10 days game time and 9 hours real life time)
- WALKING from the Combat Zone to Sanctuary Hills to see if I could find him along the way... no luck, although admittedly I don't know which path he took.
I'm playing on PS4 so I can't use any PC console commands. All the answers to finding Dogmeat that I can find online are like "Check the doghouse. Check the other doghouse. Congrats, you found him!"
I've seen some people say there are 4 doghouses in Sanctuary Hills, not 3, but I've combed the place and could not find a 4th. Are there 4? Where are the SPECIFIC locations of all 4 if so?
Are there other obscure tricks anyone can offer, like the one about NPCs getting stuck on the roofs?
If I decided to just give up and move on with my life, am I even able to progress in the story any other way than finding Dogmeat for this quest? The most recent save before I lost him was before I left Vault 111, an IRL week ago.
Thank you for any help that can be offered! I really don't want to lose about 48 hours of gameplay... RavyNevyrmore - 8 months ago
I FINALLY found him... but I am not going to remove this question in case someone else searching this problem in the future is as dumb as I am. He was waiting outside Kellogg's house all along. -_- RavyNevyrmore - 8 months ago
Most of the time when a character goes missing, its because there involved in an active quest. For me i was trying to find nick so i could bring him to far harbor. Looked forever! Turns out he was waiting in the memory den in goodneighbor! ClassicRando - 7 months ago
Glad ya found em but if you have the vault tec dlc, you can build a console, that among other things, lets you track any or all companions. Gives you a side quest marker on your map for an easy find. After you found them, go back to a console to disable the tracker if ya wish Artef - 7 months ago
Maybe he flew away in a rocket to see Mormon Jesus Q23rout20 - 7 months ago
This question was asked more than 60 days ago with no accepted answer.
Answer this Question
More Questions from This Game
|Does Dogmeat gather at bell? Can't find him||Answered|
|Why can't Dogmeat enter 111?||Answered|
|Why won't Fallout 4 let me send Dogmeat to Castle?||Unresolved|
|Dogmeat completely gone even though I didn't send him anywhere, what do I do?||Answered|