Is it true that "No Time To Explain" is only obtainable by upgrading a Strangers Rifle?

1. I read somewhere that the Strangers Rifle will upgrade into an exotic in a Taken King mission. If this is true, I'd have to delete a character to play the story again to get the stranger's rifle, just so I can get the exotic. But then again, why would Bungie expect me to keep the Strangers Rifle once I get legendaries. There has to be another way to obtain No Time to Explain, right? Otherwise, they'd be forcing me to delete a character and replay the story, unless they would make the Strangers Rifle reobtainable, such as buying it or getting it through a separate misson.

Could this be the only way to obtain No Time to Explain? I know it might be a little early to say, but what do you guys think, should I restart a character just in case, or should I wait it out and find out when the Taken King is released?

User Info: ImAUnicow

ImAUnicow - 4 years ago

Answers

1. I know that this question was posted 2 years ago and you have figured it out by now, but for the people who haven't. You get the No Time to Explain exotic pulse rifle by completing the alternate ending of the mission Paradox on the the heroic difficulty on Venus. There are 3 hidden ghosts that you must discover in order to get the quest for this gun (you can find videos of this easily on YouTube). Also you need to be aligned with Future War Cult faction and be at least rank 1 with them to further the quest.

User Info: Keithapher

Keithapher - 1 year ago 0   0