How can I do a 360 or 720 degrees rotations without jumping or buffering?

1. How can I do a 360 or 720 degrees rotations without jumping or buffering?

User Info: xturkix

xturkix - 10 years ago

1. I don't know if this works in SSF4 but the old original arcade method of doing a 360 without jumping was to to a quarter circle back to down, then straight up and press the button on the straight up part. So the move convention would be:

b,db,d,u+button

I think it still works. No idea about 720's though. I always air, buffer or wake up with them.

User Info: anannya1

anannya1 - 10 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. 360 Degree Rotations can be done without Jumping/Buffering with practice, although 720's will be difficult to do without Jumping/Buffering.

User Info: Stray_Zero

Stray_Zero - 10 years ago 0   0
  2. The only way ive seen 720 used without jumping is on: Wake-up, after a Focus Attack or a special move(mainly Zangief's Banishing Flat). Though people mash that motion when they are being comboed.

User Info: GuyPlayingGames

GuyPlayingGames - 10 years ago 0   0
  3. I main Zangief and T. Hawk.

For 360, you could either start from...

1) F, or DF, then spin clockwise until you reach DF then press the respective P or K button(s);
    2) B, or DB, then spin anti-clockwise until you reach DB, then press the respective P or K button(s).

Yes, if you do your math you shall see that I am suggesting 360+45... My method is a bit different as compared to the 6 points or 7 points theory that has gone around since SF4, but you shall see the difference in result if you follow and practice... at the least you would less misses and unwanted jumps while doing the 360, and you can do 360 while walking forward or backward ;)

For 720, I do not think you can do it without buffering, but it is also depends on your definition of buffering :) Doing it without jumping is not really difficult... you can...

A) Dash forward, and while still pressing F, do 720 clockwise, end at DF and press the correspondence P or K;
    B) Dash backward, and while still pressing B, do 720 anti-clockwise, end at DB and press the correspondence P or K.

Method B is very useful when you are cornered and you opponent is jumping in or closing in... backdash has invincibility frame and if timed correctly, you can avoid the attack and counter with your :)

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers,

User Info: ngcheechong

ngcheechong - 10 years ago 0   0
  4. The 720 can only be done on jump, wake-up, buffer, or on a dash.

The 360's can be done by doing either F-DF-D-DB-B-UB-U+ P or K (depending what you're doing). Pretty much as your thumb/arcade stick is in the UB position hit P or K and you should get the move to come out instead of the jump. Consequently, B-DB-D-DF-F-UF-U + P or K can do the same thing. Works exceptionally well using the B to do a very quick block, and effectively punish immediately.

User Info: magikbus45

magikbus45 - 9 years ago 0   0
  5. It's impossible without buffering as people above are stating. Use a good site like shoryuken.com or the like to find out which of your character's moves can cancel into a super or ultra and then play around in training mode to get the hang of canceling those moves and which ones don't knock the opponent too far away. Keep in mind that ultra-grabs tend to have slightly more range than super grabs.

User Info: n00bdragon

n00bdragon - 7 years ago 0   0
  6. For a standing 360, you can simply do B-DB-D-DF-F-UF + P or K, and it'll register as a 360. Standing 720, I don't think can be done without buffering it in an attack or a dash.

User Info: djseifer

djseifer - 6 years ago 0   0