1. I am just starting this game and am stuck already. im not used to ps3 so I dont know all the controls. I am at the very beginning and have killed everyone around me jumped on the boat and am now fighting death. I end up getting his scythe and when I hit the R2 button after an icon shows up for the analog stick and i dont know how to do it. Please help!!

User Info: cutemama22

cutemama22 - 9 years ago

1. You have to be near enemies when the command appears. You can't just press it from far away whenever it appears.

User Info: joewill85

joewill85 - 9 years ago 3   0

Answers

1. Yea I don't see how you can possibly have any trouble with the controls, the layout is almost identical, but as far as technical information goes, here we go...

First death will attack you in increments of one or three swings. Block while he is swing, and, once he is done swinging, it is your turn to hit him. You will have to do some button timing near the end, but no big worries, they are easy. When death pulls his sythe back to stab at you, just dodge his attacks or jump in the air and attack him, he will miss you either way. He isn't too hard, I beat him on the third difficulty my first run through, but later had to change to second difficulty cause I was getting my ass kicked, LOL.

User Info: LunaticJACK

LunaticJACK - 9 years ago 1   0

2. O yea edit, I forgot to recap on joe, you got to get really close to him to grab him, later in the game you will get Death's Reach, which extends your grab, but as of yet, just get closer

User Info: LunaticJACK

LunaticJACK - 9 years ago 1   0

3. Man, take it easy, the guy is just askin for help...... I'm pretty sure its a underage kid who wanted to play an interesting game, hell, im 26 years old and i died 3 times fighting death..... But i was on the hardest mode before infernal.....

User Info: TheGame50401

TheGame50401 - 9 years ago 2   1

4. Lots of people have this problem, the reason is not only does the "O" look like a joystick but they also make motions as if you are supposed to move the joystick up and down. Turns out you are just supposed to press "O" a lot. bloodkeye you're jackass.

User Info: B0MBTRACK

B0MBTRACK - 9 years ago 1   0

5. Did any poster realize that the guy got R2 prompt going but couldn't figure out the button presses? I played the game on an SDTV and it can be difficult to see the prompts.

To the guy who asked question, you need to press the button that shows up. If it is moving, then you need to mash the button. Even if you fail, don't worry, sequence is always the same. Like for beasts you ride, sequence is always SQUARE, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem - 9 years ago 0   0

6. It's the same mistake i made when i got it: it's the Circle button, not a cool looking analog stick lol

User Info: RisingAgain

RisingAgain - 9 years ago 0   0

7. Well I have played a lot of games in my life and I was stuck with the analogue stick for 5 hours, if someone didn't say it was ment to tap the O repeatedly I would have returned the game. I reckon its a technically mistake by the programmer as it appears to be the analogue stick as per the display. Lets move on with the game!! FINALLY!!!

User Info: arifaus

arifaus - 8 years ago 0   0

8. Bombtrack 3/4...You hit the nail on the head. That is the perfect answer, this should now be a closed subject. It got me also, I thought for hours that it was the joystick motion, by fluke only I tried mashing the O, and it worked every time....pretty sure thats how you absolve also, after you grab the enemy. You're alright bro, I see you disliked Bloodkeye as well, good mannered choice, he was a shmuck.

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   1

9. Odd, all my answers are correct, yet they all have negative feedback when the incorrect was rated up......someone owes me an apology...

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   1

10. not one answer, simple minded people on your high horses...cutemama, I am having the same issue, obviously these people do not have the answers we seek. I grab, as told, and when the joystick tells me to move it up and down, I do...not a thing happens.
    The only person here that seems to be a kind enough person to be polite was TheGame50401.
    I have owned, and beaten more games than all you combined in my life, and this appears to be a controller sensitivity issue. I have been stuck in this loop now for about 2 hours, and not one thing happens when the joystick is moved up and down. Beating him was done at first attempt, now he just keeps begging me not to do whatever I am supposed to do.
    If any of you hecklers feel like being a bit more polite...can't believe you are even permitted in these forums...then get off your horse if you know so much, and ...pray tell, explain.

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   2

11. Oh, bloodkey, turns out your answer just qualified you as a troll, you have been reported for your insignificant response.

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   2

12. Okay, I just went all over the internet, no answer. I sat back down, and this time after I did the R1 grab, all I did was continue to tap the O button rapidly, he died. It isn't the joystick, it's the button.
    BoOM!

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   2

13. One last thing before I bring this to a close...you, bloodkeye...no difference??? How many consoles do you own? Because I don't know about you, but the WII is much different, as is the xbox. That is what makes each system unique...try playing Silent Hill on your Itouch..if you have it, then on a Ps3...still no difference?
    BTW, the scene after the death of...well, Death, is AWSOME!!

User Info: painted_1

painted_1 - 9 years ago 0   2