Can someone help shed some light on the ending?

1. Either this is a plot hole, or I'm confused. At the end of the game, Lucifer shows Dante that he actually died during the Crusades when he was stabbed in the back (literally). If this is true, then how was he able to journey home in the scenes at the start of the game? The only possible explanation I can think of is that the events that follow Dante's "death" are an "illusion" manifested by Lucifer and that the portion leading up to Dante's decent into Limbo is actually a portion of Hell itself. This would at least explain why Hell Minions were able to rise from the grave and giant flaming gorges consume the church (after the first save point). Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe I'm looking for an answer that the developers didn't even bother to write or maybe the "Dark Forest" DLC will shed some light. Any thoughts?

User Info: HyperGamer128

HyperGamer128 - 9 years ago

1. The entire plot has been overshadowed by Lucifer's shlong.

User Info: wildcat1ky1

wildcat1ky1 - 9 years ago 0   0

1. He died there but killed the grim reaper before he could drag him to the underworld. so then he escaped

User Info: Lenown

Lenown - 9 years ago 0   0
  2. I'd agree with your assessment, Lenown, except that Lucifer very plainly tells Dante that he's already dead, and that no soul may leave Hell. This is a bit of a mystery. Though this is just a game.

User Info: lordxandor

lordxandor - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. I'm curious now too. Specifically, how does he travel back home and ride a horse if he's already dead? The only explanation I can think of is that he did all of it while in "soul form". Hopefully the developers address this in the sequel.

User Info: joewill85

joewill85 - 9 years ago 0   0
  4. Well, if it goes by the poem, Dante was never dead. It was more like he was visiting Hell. The only way out of Hell is through purgatory which is where Dante is at the end. "I am neither living nor dead."

User Info: MrGruber1999

MrGruber1999 - 9 years ago 0   0
  5. Yea add all that in with Dante's stitching on his chest! Doesnt really make too much sense, I also suspect a plot hole...

User Info: LunaticJACK

LunaticJACK - 9 years ago 0   0
  6. Yeah, I can't wait for the next game "Dante's Purgatory"

User Info: Captain_Bardiel

Captain_Bardiel - 9 years ago 0   0
  7. u idiots! lol jk theres no plot hole, dante is really dead ok, what the game was is HIS version of hell, remember in the CG where dante asks where all the ppl he killed? lucifer said is not their hell its HIS... it was all design by lucifer to get him all riled up to free him in the end....IMHO............thoughts?

User Info: drkazn1

drkazn1 - 9 years ago 0   0
  8. Dante was dead the whole time. Think back to the beginning of the game, when Dante offers his soul to Charon for Beatrice's return. Charon tells him they already own his soul...why? Because he's already dead!

User Info: dadarkgtprince

dadarkgtprince - 9 years ago 0   0