Will the Playstation 3 version support 1080p?

1. I have debated on which version to get for a while now, but with the announcement of the Divine Edition, I have decided on the PS3 version. It wasn't until later that I started wondering about the HD support. I know that to some this may sound silly, but it's something that I take into consideration when purchasing a game. The PS3 has had a few titles in the past that I was surprised to see did not support 1080p but instead stopped at 720p. Surely someone out there can agree with me and my desire to know this information. If you are that person, hit me up with some info :D

User Info: spawnfan_86

spawnfan_86 - 9 years ago

Answers

1. Okay,

Back again. Just went to work (I work at EB games) and they made a mistake and someone sold a copy of Dante's Inferno today. So by EB law they must release the game all around AUS at every EB store. I picked up my copy and it is running at 720 picture sorry man :[

User Info: Awesomextreme

Awesomextreme - 9 years ago 1   0
  2. 1080 is perfect, but 720 doesnt mean its a real downside. look at ratchet/clank for PS3, all 3 are 720p, but they look fantastic o.O i wouldve swore they ran on full HD but its just 720 o.O
    got mine delivered yesterday, havent played it tho, school -.-"...
    would love to^.^ gl with yours guys

User Info: ThAbArT

ThAbArT - 9 years ago 1   0
  3. It is unlikely that they will produce an entirely different copy of the game for North America to be in 1080p. You won't really see many native 1080p games released until the NextGen. Most, if not all games are NATIVE 720p.

User Info: mmx69

mmx69 - 9 years ago 1   0
  4. It tops out at 720p.

User Info: djsaiyan

djsaiyan - 9 years ago 1   0
  5. There's an insert in my game box that says "available in DVD and blu-ray." Mine says it's a blu-ray disk on the box but it;'s capped at 720p.

Chances are it's capped at 720p, though. I've only seen one or two games that supported 1080p.

User Info: Altair1990

Altair1990 - 9 years ago 0   0
  6. To Altair1990 - The game is on Blu-Ray (PS3 version) but only runs at 720p. There is also an animated version of this story available on DVD and Blu-Ray disc - not sure if those to go 1080p or not.

User Info: AreinDoomrose

AreinDoomrose - 9 years ago 0   0
  7. Simple answer:

No. It runs only on 720p for the PS3. 1080p for the 360.

User Info: Merphy06

Merphy06 - 9 years ago 0   0
  8. The 360 doesn't run any games at 1080p native resolution because DVD's can't produce 1080p quality. 360 up-scales everything except the dashboard. Very few PS3 games do native 1080p.

User Info: mmx69

mmx69 - 7 years ago 0   0
  9. I'm assuming that it will be full HD. I've looked on a few sites and I cant confirm it yet. I'll find an answer for you yet!

Though the game comes out in a week lol.

User Info: Awesomextreme

Awesomextreme - 9 years ago 0   1
  10. Now just hold on. Just because Aus has 720p doesn't mean that NA will not get 1080p. You will have to wait and see when it comes out.

User Info: Darklink9009

Darklink9009 - 9 years ago 0   1
  11. So says the official playstation games web site its in 1080p, 1080i and 720p. That doesn't mean much though, Prince of Persia (the newest one) was touted as 1080p but that was only in the cutscenes, the gameplay was in 720p. The only thing different is the fact that they stressed that they were going to make it run at 60 fps to be as smooth as possible so that might be a factor. If the demo is anything to gauge on, it is smooth and slick (looks even better if you can pair it with a 120hz or up HDTV)

User Info: rpbowlinggod

rpbowlinggod - 9 years ago 0   1