Unlocking Phantasy Star without a second controller?

1. Is this possible? Because I don't have (or need) a second controller, but I'd like to be able to unlock the game. I'd hate to have to buy a second controller just for one little unlockable.

User Info: Avenger29

Avenger29 - 9 years ago

1. Unfortunatly, I think you do. This was a problem for me too. This was a stupid thing to do on Sony's part. Or at least give us another option. Sorry bud.

User Info: zackbandicoot

zackbandicoot - 9 years ago 0   0

1. a cheap alternative to a 2nd controller would be to go down to Radioshack and for roughly 10-12$ buying a usb to PSx controller adapter which allows you to plug a ps one/ps2 controller into a usb port - which i did(with a ps 2 controller) to achieve this trophy and to my suprise it works just like a 2nd controller for this and other ps3 games like Tekken 6 for example.

so if you got a ps2 controller lying around i'd buy the usb adapter

User Info: Robstar27

Robstar27 - 9 years ago 0   0
  2. Ok, this seemed to work for me. Reassign your controller to 2 when it asks you to press X to join. Then reassign to 1.
    Make sure you change the controller settings through accessory settings and not on the screen to reset or turn off your system.
    You won't be able to switch to tail in the boss fight without the game pausing, and tails needs to hit the boss for this to work it seems, so it takes a little luck.

User Info: ukpsychocat

ukpsychocat - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. Make a friend? aka.. person with a ps3 controller. :]

User Info: staystaystay

staystaystay - 9 years ago 0   2