Is there an easy way to score in a shootout?

1. I can never seem to score in a shootout, I deke, and I use manual aim, but I can't get a shot past the goalie.

User Info: Unisock

Unisock - 10 years ago

1. Scoring against a computer goalie in shootout is very difficult.
    But its possible.
    1.Check who your shooting with- Your player makes all the difference, if you have a sniper or dangler you can shoot to the sides of net with out missing or hitting iron most of the time. If you have a grinder or def. you may want to look for a 5 hole or get lucky.
    2.Vision control- This doesnt work anymore, don't try it. (hold L2 skate backwards and shoot in corner)
    3.Technique. This works best for me with a offensive forward (someone who can score) skate to about 13 feet away from the net and deke back hand to fore hand over and over until crease then go back hand andmove slighty to back hand side then go fore hand and shoot. I've score all 3 times with this (used Havlat , Toews , and Sharp.)
    4. dont forget to use the left stick and move your player
    5.**DATSYUK DEKE** www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJOJ88MYXA&feature=fvw
    6.Look at the goalie, if a goalie is in stand up positon you have a better shot of making him fall (.3) if he is on his knees you can slap shot to a side
    hope this helps

User Info: TheNHL

TheNHL - 9 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. This one works about 80%-90% of the time.
    1. At about the top of the faceoff circle skate BACKWARDS (L2)
    2. Then quickly turn at about the hash marks and shoot towards the player's hand.
    Example: Player is right-handed shoot towward the right of the net.
    A good video example from YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZC4mR4RGcs
    It's the first way XD! Thanks.

User Info: dadasayyo

dadasayyo - 10 years ago 0   0
  2. Just try to deke a lot and you'll get it eventually.

User Info: keispiegel

keispiegel - 10 years ago 0   0
  3. One of the most famous always goals in the world.... fake backhand deke aka - go about 1/2 into the backhand motion then pull to your forehand and you got the shot open. ... It takes a good bit of practice.

User Info: _Domination

_Domination - 10 years ago 0   0
  4. Not really, just try to get the goalie moving from side to side. It just takes practice.

User Info: Thricecube

Thricecube - 10 years ago 0   1