Re-Signing Players When Their Contracts Expire?

1. I have about 15 plus players on my team in my Dynasty I would like to resign. They all proposed a certian amount of money for their contract and if I were to accept all 15 players proposal's, I would be over the Salary cap.

Does anyone know how much less I could sign the players for? Like a 10% cut on their proposal?

For example.. if one player is asking for $3.550million over 4 years could I cut his salary down by 10% and he'll still sign? Or could I go more to about 12% cut, but not less than 15%?

User Info: bigdark

bigdark - 10 years ago

Answers

1. There's no set amount that you can cut, so you're just going to have to experiment. I suggest saving often in case you feel that you could make a better deal.

User Info: ryannn15

ryannn15 - 10 years ago 0   0
  2. Welcome to the most realistic hockey game ever made.

Just as with most NHL teams you're going to have to give up some of your players.

Here's what you can do.

First of all, some of your players are likely going to end up in the AHL and these players will not count against the salary cap. So of your fifteen players who are becoming free agents say five of them are headed to the minors. Well then only the remaining ten players who you are keeping in the NHL are going to count against your salary cap.

Secondly, you may want to take one of your older, more talented and highly paid players (Sundin, Sakic, Naslund, etc) and trade them for prospects or draft picks. This is actually exactly what should happen in Dynasty mode. You're trying to build a team that can win today and in the future.

Third, try signing young prospects to six year deals at low money. This way they will get better year after year but you'll be enjoying their skills at a much reduced cost.

Lastly, take this scenario. Let's say that Mats Sundin is asking you for a 1 year deal worth $5,000,000. Rather then fork out that money you could counter that offer with say a 2 year deal worth $3,500,000 per year. That might be a little extreme, but you get the idea. Play with the terms of the deal to reduce the cost.

The bottom line is that although there are some ways to get around salary cap issues, it's actually designed to put teams on more even playing field. So you're supposed to lose people to free agency once in a while.

User Info: x-Rumpo-x

x-Rumpo-x - 10 years ago 0   0