Co-op Saving Errors?

1. My fiance and I bought this game and when we played it she managed to get to level 2 and I was off getting to level 2 by about 3 exp or something silly like that, Anyways Claptrap wouldn't introduce us to Dr.Zed and we didn't even know he existed because Claptrap just stopped outside his place and did nothing. We explored and eventually got annoyed and quit. We went to go in and play again to do it over and hope that claptrap didn't just stand there grinning like an idiot and my character didn't exist to be loaded however hers did. She was playing first player and I was playing second, we haven't turned our game off since and we are about level 10 now but I just wanted to know will it save my character this time? Or am I screwed because we use the PS3 as a DVD player as well and I would really like to watch a movie at some point again anyone play it co-op same console?

User Info: PNTGMSM

PNTGMSM - 10 years ago

Answers

1. did you save your character when using the NEW-U station? if you didn't, then your character hasn't been saved. just save at the New-U station, and your character will be saved.

User Info: terra_ultmia

terra_ultmia - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. You must use a NEW-U station. The first one is located near the very first gate that CL4P-TP (Claptrap) opens in the beginning. It looks like a pole with a small square holographic console.

Also, download the 1.01 patch for Borderlands to minimize character data corruption. Some users have reported corrupted characters due to a glitch. Not everybody, but enough people to be concerned. The patch also solves glitch issues that prevent the storyline from progressing, just like the Dr. Zed issue you had.

For added safety, when you stop playing a game, actually press start and select "quit game" (NOT....I repeat NOT the PS button --> "quit game"). It's the immediate way to save your character and will decrease the chance of a corrupt save.

User Info: Proverbman

Proverbman - 10 years ago 1   0
  3. Make sure you created both your characters seperately in thier own one-player games, and then load the split-screen game with one of them as the leader. Because they both have seperate data's independent of eachother, they should both autosave every time. If your creating your character from the co-op game screen, it will only be a temporary character attatched to the lead characters data, and be erased at the end of each session. Also, make sure you quit the game using the "quit game" option in the pause menu.

User Info: SwordofSwords

SwordofSwords (Expert) - 9 years ago 0   0