Played Class World and after I finished 8th level the screen went black and the game froze?

1. It was just before the crucial level 9 of the Class World.
    Did this happen to any of you, too?
    I was in there with a Star Mage starting lvl 12ish.
    And I picked for upgrade the skill of a group member.

User Info: mberkholz

mberkholz - 10 years ago
  2. This has not happened to me, but can you tell me how it frozed?

- Did the screen just black out while the music was still playing?
    - Did the game just freeze, meaning just the picture and everything was put in stasis?

User Info: KlayBuddy

KlayBuddy - 10 years ago
  3. I guess it probably has nothing to do with the game itself, but my blu-ray drive is broke now. I browsed some forums and this problem occurred many times before.
    To answer your Q: The screen went black and the disk drive made some strange repeating noise, every 2 or 3 seconds. But nothing happened. I tried to eject the disk and put it back again - my only hope to continue playing at lvl 9 but once the disc was out, the game quit automatically. Once I put the disc back in my PS3 wouldn't recognize it anymore.
    I tried a movie DVD and the same result. I tried formatting the HD and it didnt help either.
    Have to buy a new one now, because my warranty is expired.

User Info: mberkholz

mberkholz - 10 years ago
  4. Meh. I bought in the US but I live in Germany. I would have to ship it to Sony USA which is not for free. Sony Europe doesn't care.

User Info: mberkholz

mberkholz - 10 years ago
  5. Bought a new one (80GB) yesterday for 400 EUR and a 4 year warranty for additional 70 EUR

User Info: mberkholz

mberkholz - 10 years ago

1. Like you said, the problem lies within your disk reader. Sadly, you could have sent it in to Sony and get it replaced for $150. The shipment is free.

User Info: KlayBuddy

KlayBuddy (Expert) - 10 years ago 0   0