Review by ChillHVAC

Reviewed: 08/23/16

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Review

Introduction:
Call of Duty 4 branched out from the other three games. Instead of taking place in World War II, the game takes place in a modern day combat environment.

Game play:
At first, I noticed the controls took me a little bit to get used to. It seemed like the sensitivity was a lot higher than previous games I’ve played in the past. This was my first time playing a first person shooter on my Playstation 3 though. Overall after I adjusted to the controls, combat was fun and exciting. Men will pour out of the woodworks to stand between you and your objective. Guns are plentiful and there should be one you can find that will suit your fancy. If you start the mission out with a machine gun and a pistol, don’t feel like you have to keep your sidearm. There are AKs abroad for you to pick up as well as sniper rifles, RPGs and various weapons that will pack a greater punch. Not only that, they’ll be able to store more ammo and provide you a means to replenish ammo from fallen enemies.

Story:
Throughout the game, you’ll be changing characters. At times, you’ll play as a Marine Sergeant. At other times, you’ll play as a newly acquired member of an elite task force manned by Captain Price. A map will show before a mission in order to pinpoint on a map your exact location.

The game amps up the volume of combat in comparison to the level at which you’ll hear teammates or orders coming through the com. This is great for pumping you up but if you have thin insulation in your walls, beware! I wouldn’t change it though.

Play time: 6 1/2 hours
This was kind of disappointing. The game has a great multiplayer but for those who don’t play multiplayer much, you’ll be done and on to the next game rather quickly. Too quickly if you ask me.

Replay-ability: 5/10
If you beat the game on normal, you could choose to beat the game on one of the two harder difficulties. There isn’t much pushing you to do so though.

Final Recommendation:
A must have for fans of first person shooters or the Call of Duty franchise. There isn’t a lot to offer beyond a short campaign and multiplayer but the multiplayer more than makes up for this if you play online or have buddies to play with.

Product Release: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (US, 11/05/07)