Review by BIGGESTPS3FAN

Reviewed: 04/17/08 | Updated: 06/06/08

An Epic Game In Just About Every Aspect

This is a great game that every gamer should enjoy whether you love or hate the genre. In this review, we will go through the pros and cons of the game and have individual sections for the graphics, sound, single-player, multiplayer, controls, difficulty, gameplay, and lasting appeal.

This is one of the most photo-realistic graphics I have ever seen in a video game.
You may even stop to notice the the ghillie suit, the explosions, the guns, and the extremely detailed environments around you (I did that. It got me killed a few times, but it was worth it). You will be absolutely amazed when you first set foot on the battlefield.

The gameplay is great. You can play the game just about however you want, whether you prefer to run and gun or sit back and take them out with a sniper, this game has it all. There is some occasional slowdown, but nothing that makes the game unplayable and for the most part, you will not really notice it with everything going on in the game.

Controls: 9/10

The controls on the game are great. You have around 5-6 options of controls to choose from, you have the option to invert your Y-Axis, and a sensitivity option. The only thing that I felt they could have done with the controls is allow for complete customization. (Even though it only takes like 10 minutes to get use to)

The sound is outstanding. Voice acting was done great, gunshots sound amazing, explosions are extremely realistic sounding, and sound effects are incredible.

Difficulty: 10/10

This game was pretty hard on some parts, but pretty easy on some parts, as well. The game gives you four difficulty options, including: Recruit, Normal, Hardened, and Veteran. You take a test at the beginning of the game to help you determine what difficulty you should play the game on, which helps a lot. The difficulty levels fit in perfectly for the newbs and/or the most hardcore FPS fans.

Single-Player: 9/10

I have never played an FPS with such an awesome story. While I wouldn't put it in the same league as an FPS in terms of story, it is amazing. This game will truly make you feel that you are part of your squad members. You play as to factions in this game. First being the S.A.S and later switching you to the roles of the Marine Corps. The story does have many unexpected plot twists and events while offering you a brand new single player experience. The game also has enemy intelligence which will help you unlock "cheats". And, although the single player is only 6 hours long, it was the best 6 hours I've spent on a single player FPS. After completing the game once, you unlock "Arcade Mode" which lets you replay the single player mode while collecting points. You can choose to play the full game or a single level in "Arcade Mode".

Multiplayer: 9/10

The multiplayer is one of, if not the best multiplayer games I've played online. Basically, you start out with one gun, no character selection, clan tags are not available, no perks, no challenges, nothing. As you progress, you will level up and unlock new guns, perks, game modes, challenges, and clan tags. Once you hit the highest rank or level (Level 55), you'll unlock something called "Prestige Mode". Choosing "Prestige Mode" allows you to start back at level 1 and lose all your guns, challenges, and perks, (You will keep your clan tag and all game modes), but in return you will get a new symbol next to your name. If you do not do "Prestige Mode" you can work for your golden guns by completing all the gun challenges for that type of gun.

Example: Completing all the assault rifle challenges will earn you a golden AK-47.

As you can see, the online aspect of the game is pretty awesome. It does have some glitchers who will go into places not intended for people to go into, and a hacked leaderboard, and some people who use hacks to shoot through walls, use aimbots and occasional lag. Although, these hacks are very, very rare, and have only been seen on extremely rare occasions and should not stop your awesome online experience.

Lasting Appeal: 10/10

I found myself replaying this about 10 times and I have put over 9 days into the online portion of the game. I have suggested this to all of my friend's and all have enjoyed it.

And now for Pros & Cons
Pros
+Awesome single player
+Sounds great
+Awesome graphics
+Great online

Cons
-Short single player
-A few hackers online

To sum it up, I think everyone should buy this game. It has everything I ever hoped for in an FPS.

Product Release: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (US, 11/05/07)