Review by MrGrimm99

Reviewed: 11/09/07

Could this be one of the best fisrt person shooters ever?

This is the first review I've ever written on GameFaqs. This game is so good that I felt compelled to explain its magnificence. To tell you the truth I never thought this game would be this good. I never really like the old Call of Duty games that much, especially since I was getting sick of WWII games. But when I saw COD4 was switching to modern combat, I was quite intrigued. I watched quite a few videos and looked at a bunch of pictures, and I thought what the hell, I'll buy it. And I've got to say I'm not at all disappointed.

This game has absolutely magnificent graphics. It has beautiful textures, colors, and lighting. Each soldier, building, and vehicle has fantastic detail. From the trees, to the grass and water. Every detail is perfectly rendered. And it all runs at 60fps. This is probably one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

This game also has outstanding sound. On some stages there are literally a hundred different things going on, and I swear you can hear them all. From the gunfire, to the explosions, to the people yelling, and the planes and choppers flying overhead.

Controls: 10/10
The button layout is perfect. Each button is used for something (except select) and it is flawless. From shooting, to crouching, to performing the melee attack. Each button is perfectly used. I never found myself getting the buttons mixed up, or performing the wrong action. I don’t think I’ve played a first person shooter that has controlled better.

Entertainment: 10/10
This is probably one of the best first person shooters I’ve ever played. Everything about it is fun. Some levels just revolve around taking out the enemy forces. Then there are ones that involve sneaking around through fields in camouflage and sniping enemies. I found every level as enjoyable as the next. It also has a pretty interesting story, which I was quite surprised by. You really want to play through the game and see what happens.

Replay Value: 10/10
The only thing that hurts this game, is that the single player campaign might be a little short for some people. But it's really negligible. It also depends on your skill level and the way you play too. If you just try and hurry through you can probably beat the game in 6-7 hours. But if you take your time and collect all of the enemy intel it can probably last 8-9 hours. For me this is one of those games that I can see cracking out again and again years down the road to play through. It’s that fun. There’s also the option of really good multiplayer, which will add a lot of replay value for people.

I think this is one of the most enjoyable games I’ve ever played. Everything about this game is amazing and finely crafted. I really can’t think of a single thing that could make this game better. If you are a fan of first person shooters then this is a game that you can’t miss.

Product Release: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (US, 11/05/07)