Review by rebelofrebels

Reviewed: 03/04/10

How far would you go to save someone you love?

Welcome to Heavy Rain.
Heavy Rain is an adventure narrative video game for the PS3. It has an extremely sensitive control scheme, and follows all your precise movements. The game is involved quite deeply with itself, and you feel every single blow, whether good or bad. You will be moved, suprised, and even scared in some of gamings deepest moments.

Gameplay- 10/10
The only true game play within Heavy Rain is simple or very challenging analog, control, and shoulder button movements. I have never encountered anything like it before, and I welcome to all newcomers to the game. I was surprised at how the control scheme makes you feel. It is easily the most unique, and you could easily consider the game a bunch of QTE events. However, it makes a logical, rhythmical flow of button mashes, giving you a sense of accomplishment.

Graphics-9/10
Overall the visual presentation is astounding. I have never seen better looking in game characters. They are highly detailed, and really allow the player to be mesmerized by all effects. The only complaint towards graphics is that some environments can at times be bland.

Story-10/10
This game can be literally be played in any way. At some point in the game you will not want to make any difficult decisions because of the outcomes. They could be bad, good, or neutral, depending on your choices and your own narrative path. It enthralls the player to continue, and you will be wrapped in a matter of minutes. I cannot become to detailed with the story without giving away severe plot points.

Sound-9/10
The music, the voice acting, the movements, and each and every minor sound becomes you. The sounds is spot on, and the music really makes things that more intense. I appreciate all the hard work and developments towards the sound, however, I wish their were a wider range of unique sounds instead of using the same one every time.

Overall Enjoyment and Replayability-10/10
The game sends you one hell of a ride from beginning to end, you never want to set the controller down. Replay ability is quite short, due to the fact that you have all ready lived your story, however, the narrative and different decisions you make will allow you to play the game more than once and still feel the power.

Closing Comments:
DON’T LET THIS ONE SLIP BY!!!
-Excellent game in nearly every way
-one of a kind

Product Release: Heavy Rain (US, 02/23/10)