I can not load ps2 save file to ps3 what do i do?

1. I have followed all the steps to saving a ps2 save file to a usb. Created the folders "PSV". The ps3 sees the save file. It just won't load it. What am i doing wrong?

User Info: zidane962002

zidane962002 - 9 years ago
  2. Clarification Request:
    Have you created a memory card on the PS3? You need to create a Virtual Memory Card for PS2 for the PS3 but also what you need is a PS3 that can play PS2 titles not all PS3's can play PS2 games. So what GB PS3 do you own and have you created a VMC?

User Info: Cy_Gogetenks

Cy_Gogetenks - 9 years ago
  3. Clarification Request:
    I have the same issue. When you go under XMB > Game > Memory Card Utility > (Ps2 Memory Card) > "Game"

It shows the save file right? But when you turn on the game and go to load it, it doesn't show up under the load function right?

User Info: Wind_sama

Wind_sama - 5 years ago

1. Um if you are using a 160GB PS3 it doesnt matter what you do cause you wont be able to play ps2 games on this ps3 but if you have a 80 or lower system you load the old Memory Cards through the PS3/PS2 Memory Card transfer accessory!

User Info: Strongwoods

Strongwoods - 9 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. go to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-rWhTnQk0&feature=related

User Info: clayyalc

clayyalc - 9 years ago 1 1
  2. Have you created an internal memory card on your PS3?

Another thing you can try is go to your save file and instead of pressing X, press triangle and select "Show All". I had to this so my PS3 would read my music files on a USB thumb drive I had to move music to it.

If you are still having trouble with your PS3 reading your PS2 files...the last thing you can try is to invest in a memory card adaptor. I got mine from Eb Games/GameStop for $20. It doesn't come with a USB2.0 cable...so be sure to have a spare lying around the house.

User Info: ggsrox

ggsrox - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. Well first if u are using a 160GB or the new 80GB PS# u cannot load them no matter what. But if u have the old 80GB or anything before that you just go on PS store and download the PS2 system data.

User Info: sgtblizzard

sgtblizzard - 8 years ago 1 1
  4. I've come to the realization that you also have to make sure that if you are loading from a virtual memory card, you have to determine whether or not your PS2 game automatically reads from slot 1. If it does, then you need to make sure you assign the memory card with the save file to slot 1 so it can read it.

User Info: Sinful_Allomony

Sinful_Allomony - 8 years ago 0 0