If I were to download a minecraft save file and a game data file, will the ps3 think i have minecraft?

1. Note i do not have any form of minecraft on the ps3. What im trying to do is get the minecraft edition on ps4 for 5 dollars. Ive read online that you need a save file on your ps3 to be eligible for this offer. So i was wondering if i download a save file and game data file to my ps3, will i be eligible for this offer?

User Info: Andrei287

Andrei287 - 8 months ago

Answers

1. From my understanding, it checks the license file on your account, not a game save or data save (similar to how cross play checks if you own a title on other systems). You can only get this by purchasing the game legitimately.

User Info: Jerrynsteph4eva

Jerrynsteph4eva - 7 months ago 0 0
  2. you won't be eligible for the offer unless you actually own minecraft on the PS3. at this point, just buy the PS4 version.

User Info: blueblur98

blueblur98 - 6 months ago 0 0