Does the x button work as the accelerator and square as brakes?

1. Before I buy I want to make sure I can use the x button for the accelerator and square button as the brakes as I do not buy games that make me use the thumb sticks.

User Info: RET46

RET46 - 5 years ago
  2. I only play racing games on my PS3 such as F1 2012 and GT5 and they allow customizing the button functions as I do not like using the thumb sticks. I find shifting and sticks not esy to use at the same and therefore not much fun playing. I asked the question Grid 1 did not allow the x and square button usage.

User Info: RET46

RET46 - 5 years ago

1. You can configure all the controls - just pause a race, go to Options, and assign whatever you want to each control.

User Info: tawelch

tawelch - 5 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. I'm not sure when the last time was that you played a racing game on the PS3, I can't remember the last time this generation where X and square were used to drive, or the thumb sticks for that matter.

GRID 2 is like any other game in recent years for controls;

R2 = Accelerate
    L2 = Brake/Reverse

Hope this helps :)

User Info: FalenIndustries

FalenIndustries - 5 years ago 0   0
  2. It comes programmed as R2 for the gas and L2 for the brake. I think you can change it.

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV - 5 years ago 0   0