Review by TheKingTodo

Reviewed: 03/30/15

The Stick of Truth is the game we have all been waiting for!

This is a mini-review for people that are stuck on the fence about purchasing this game.

The Stick of Truth is probably the first 'TV Show to Video Game' that wasn't complete garbage. It is extremely well done and keeps that South Park touch we love so much, be it fighting 'Nazi Zombie Khloe Kardashian's Aborted fetus' or being anal probed by Aliens (and yes, you really fight a mutated Kardashian baby).

TSOT may not be enjoyable to non-watchers of the TV show, as the game feeds and produces off of South Park's inner workings and jokes. I'm not saying you won't like it if you haven't heard of South Park, but you simply won't get the full experience. I can't stress that enough.

The game is excellently well done, even marking the very first time the small Colorado mountain town has been geographically set, and it creates a map that can be intimidating at first, but after a few hours I didn't need the map, only needing it when I gained access to a new area.

DO NOT listen to people that say the game is too short. They most likely rushed through the main story, and didn't do much exploring of the town, which is probably 50% of the experience. The game took me about 20 hours to complete (the story itself, not 100%) on Easy. I must also add that I had incredible difficulty on some of the late-game battles, even having to look up a way to beat them. You must be smart and strategic to win sometimes, remember this is a turn-based RPG style combat system.

Away from that, the graphics are wonderfully crafted, even looking better than the actual show. Nothing will appear out of place or odd either, even in South Park terms. Everything seems perfectly set as you discover new things around (or in) every house you come across.

The story is actually not bad, but you only truly learn about it in the last 15 minutes of the game, seriously. It seems almost forced into the end the way it is presented. It's a good story however, involving a 'Taco Bell meets Aliens with Nazi Zombies' conspiracy. In South Park however, it's just another day.

The small things from the show complete this game. Including Jimmy's stuttering problems and his ever-classic ballad (I won't spoil it, it's seriously too great to not see for yourself) to Kenny finally becoming the women he always wanted to be, the small details make this game the greatness that it is.

For you completionists out there, this game will give you the creeps. You MUST replay this game to get multiple achievements/trophies, and there is no way out of getting all 30 chimpokomons or collecting every single weapon, armor piece, and friend in South Park. Completing the games achievements/trophies might take about 30-50 hours, depending on your efficiency.

Only errors I could find are the lack of good tutorials leading to VERY confusing and frustrating moments, almost forcing you to look up tutorials online.

The Stick of Truth stands as a great game that only expands and improves the universe of South Park.

You will find yourself immersed as the New Kid in South Park on an epic quest to become... cool.

9.7/10

Product Release: South Park: The Stick of Truth (US, 03/04/14)