Why does neither game have any audio?

1. I just got GoW Origins, and neither game has any audio. There is no problem with the PS3 or my stereo system. Other games work fine. Even the director's video that's part of the origins disc works just fine. It is only the games that have no audio. Anybody have any idea?

User Info: mtamborski

mtamborski - 9 years ago
  2. I've tried ejecting it, but to no avail. The way I have my PS3 set up is that I have video running from an HDMI cable straight to my TV and my audio running from my PS3 to a home theater receiver using optical audio. I do have it set up in the sound and video settings to run that way. After some testing, I found that if I have the audio go through HDMI to my TV speakers, then I get audio, but it's only 2 channel stereo. If I have it go through optical audio, I don't (for this game only). It still doesn't make much sense as to why I can't use this setup for this game only, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

User Info: mtamborski

mtamborski - 9 years ago
  3. How do you clear the cache? I'll try it if I can figure it out.

It works just fine if I go through the HDMI, the only problem is my home theater system doesn't have an HDMI in, only an optical in.

User Info: mtamborski

mtamborski - 9 years ago

Answers

1. its a glitch of some kind. Ive experienced it. Eject it and put it back. worked for me.

User Info: Blackmarvel79

Blackmarvel79 - 9 years ago 1   0
  2. Try clearing out the cache of your PS3, worked for me on all games it happened too(never had it happen to this one)

User Info: slayristo

slayristo - 9 years ago 1   0
  3. If you are using hdmi, before you go into the game, go into settings on the main screen, go into video and make sure it is set for hdmi audio. Or something to that effect. It's in there somewhere that you will be able to fix the problem. On the main screen, in settings, not within the game.

User Info: heyitsme57

heyitsme57 - 9 years ago 1   1