Why is there a grainy red filter onscreen? How can I fix/remove it?

1. Every now and again, I find that my screen gets covered with a weird sort of "filter" whenever I'm travelling the overworld. I don't know what's going on, and nothing I've seen in other questions seems to match what I'm experiencing. Does anyone know what's going on and how to remove it?

Some notes, if it helps:

- Khajiit
    - Dual-wield with dagger in left, both perks for swing speed, and elemental fury MK I.
    - All DLC.

This happened decently recently and I'm worried that it's going to stay. I don't want to have to do all of that work again just because of a graphical glitch.

User Info: IllogicalPDX

IllogicalPDX - 2 weeks ago
  2. My first thought is that you could have one of a couple different diseases. To check this go into your menu, go to the magic section, and look under the Active Effects section. Completely negative effects will show in red text; however, some things players might see as either a negative or a positive (like being a vampire or werewolf, for example) may show up in white. That being the case, read over your Active Effects carefully. If it's nothing in there, say so and I or someone else will try to help further.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen - 2 weeks ago
  3. After noticing the effect in another game on a different console, I think it might be something to do with my TV. I'll look into it further, as I do recall changing a setting on it, or at least looking at the settings on the TV.

User Info: IllogicalPDX

IllogicalPDX - 2 weeks ago

1. You/someone may have turned the color settings to be mostly red on your television. Check the settings. It could also be a general issue with the television, so take it to your local hardware store and have it checked out. If there is still a warranty on it, replace it.

User Info: Definitelyhuman

Definitelyhuman - 1 week ago 1   0