Skyrim Vs. Fallout New Vegas?

1. I don't have access to my PS4 right now so I've gone back and played all of my PS3 games again, and even some games that I hadnt played.
    I was just playing Fallout New Vegas and I got to a point where the freezes and crashes made it impossible to play the game. I did everything I could to make it work but right now the game freezes the first time I use VATS or travel.
    So I decided, very sadly, that I'd have to move on to another game. The next on my list is Skyrim and I have never played Skyrim before (I know)
    So my question is.... is Skyrim, being the huge game that it is, going to start freezing up on me and crashing like FNV did? And if so, has anyone come across anything that works for Skyrim (or FNV for that matter) ?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: DaneelOlivaw42

DaneelOlivaw42 - 1 week ago

1. Skyrim is more stable than New Vegas. It does run better if you have the DLC and patches so the legendary version would be best. That said you may still have issues here and there.

Having played both New Vegas was more unstable and I had to reset the console when it lagged to get it to work properly for a bit. Skyrim may crash here and there but was more stable on the whole.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 1 week ago 2   0
  2. Cool, thanks. I do have Legendary Edition, so I hope I dont have any issues. I read a lot of people say that they had trouble with New Vegas because of the DLC, and that you could only do one DLC per playthrough. I have the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC and, to be fair, I had played every DLC and was nearing the midpoint of the storyline when it gave out on me.
    So far, on my way to tell the Jarl about the Dragon attack (literally just started) so we'll see how it goes.

User Info: DaneelOlivaw42

DaneelOlivaw42 - 1 week ago

1. If you pay all the DLC for New Vegas on PS3 for one character it seems to lock the game up a bit afterwards. Most likely because the added areas bloat the save file size. Should not have that problem with Skyrim.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 4 days ago 0   0