1. So i recently got skyrim for my ps3 and when i started a new game i have to wait a few minutes for ralof to start doing anything related to his script. I mean: we got to the part where the hallway collapses because of the dragon (next to the potion room) and he froze and started staring at the rocks and i had to wait 10 minutes for him to say something and walk into the room. Is it only the first time thing or will this continue and i should return the game?

User Info: Esteriso

Esteriso - 1 month ago
  2. continue, I think if you go to settings you should have the option if not then I dont think you can do anything about it.

User Info: meydey

meydey - 1 month ago
  3. Edit: i have tried exiting the cave and going to riverwood, but found out i can't talk to anyone there. Npcs simply refuse to enter the conversation and dont reply, just stare at me. When i tried loading an earlier save at that point, the loading screen took forever so i just turned off the game from frustration

User Info: Esteriso

Esteriso - 1 month ago

Answers

1. Before returning the game, i would suggest retrying while reloading the game. Maybe something unexpected happened that slowed down scripts like that. If that still doesn't work, try shutting down the ps3 and restarting it to see if that does anything. It might be related to a performance issue in your console or something wrong with the CD you have.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0

2. @FactoidHunter i tried those and still no use, after a few minutes of working right the script starts loading slowly again. I have no such issues with other games. Guess ill have to return the game then, which is a shame since i reallt wanted to play it

User Info: Esteriso

Esteriso - 1 month ago 0   0

3. To be blunt most players don't even wait for Ralof while traversing Helgen so I am not entirely sure from your statement that anything is seriously wrong. From my experience he has not always gone on a head in Helgen and I have totally ignored him on other playthroughs.

You need to exit Helgen as most NPC's that follow or lead you will automatically appear where you exited anyway and at that point you need not follow him any further once he tells you to head for Riverwood. He is kind of programmed to wait for you so if you do not move he may not move either basically.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0