1. I'm having trouble, I've watched walk through and have seen how the Morokei fight is set up. My game doesn't have the wizards using the seal spell on morokei. So I don't know how I'm supposed to be able to kill him to get the staff. Does anyone know what could be going on???

User Info: jayy72

jayy72 - 4 weeks ago

1. The first thing you may want to try is to fast travel to Whiterun and wait 30 in game days in a row to see if this resets the dungeon and spawns the hit box and shield around Morokei. In his current form you simply cannot beat him unless the scripts that are suppose to be there can be refreshed somehow.

If that does not work do you have a save before the mission has even begun at or before Containment has been finished. If you have one a bit earlier in that questline it may also help to redo the previous quests as some times a bug once it occurs will not go away unless the mission or questline is restarted before it has happened as not even in the log yet which means you need a save from at least while Containment mission is active or earlier.

I suspect that this glitch might be because of either the ghost talking sections that flashback Aren and co have are not loaded in properly or the player has moved off before they have finished talking in each segment which can be a trigger for something to break so if you do reload make sure you listen to them and let them all disappear before moving onwards.

I have never rushed past these parts and never had this glitch so that is the only trigger I can think that may be causing this. Other people have had this problem though but the only fix is for the PC version with console commands so reloading before the mission is probably the best bet if the waiting does not fix the mission.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 1 0

Answers

1. You may want to check if they are there but invisible so use Fireball or another A.O.E spell to see if they are just invisible as they will not attack you until you hit them first.

It would probably be best if you can reload a save before entering the dungeon to see if that will trigger the right set up to occur.

If that is not possible try saving in the room with Morokei and reloading the save.

If that does not work fast travel away from Winterhold province and wait 30 days in a row to reset the area completely as a last ditch effort.

Morokei is invincible until you defeat them so you will most likely not be able to beat him unless they spawn. : (

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 0 0
  2. They're there, just not using the spell. I re-ran the entire labyrithian. He started apearing as a physical being but the mages won't use the spell and I still can't do anything to morokei

User Info: jayy72

jayy72 - 4 weeks ago 0 0