How do I pickpocket Balgruuf?

1. I just started The Whispering Door quest, and I sided with the Stormcloaks. Balgruuf is in Solitude. Plus, there's the million people in the room with him. Any help to getting the key would be greatly appreciated!

User Info: milktoast

milktoast - 2 months ago

Answers

1. You can also get a key from Farengar, the court wizard. I've looked it up and he sometimes despawn after the battle for Whiterun. If he's still there, he's your best option to pickpocket the key.

Otherwise, a potion or two of invisibility and good pickpocketing and sneak skills should be enough even in Solitude's jarls basement.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 2 months ago 0 0
  2. You can always wait until he's gone to bed, and pickpocket the key while he's asleep. No witnesses.

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier - 2 months ago 0 0
  3. Save before pickpocketing Farengar, and wear a piece of Fortify Pickpocket jewelry to make it a little easier.
    If he catches you reload a previous save until you succeed.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes - 1 month ago 0 1