Possible Dark Brotherhood glitch?

1. The first time I joined, I had no problems, now that I'm trying it again, I can't get anybody to give me the quest to do it, and if i just do it, nobody gives me a message and I don't get captured if I sleep. Anybody no what's going on?

User Info: COOLJ808

COOLJ808 - 7 years ago
  2. I need to know exactly what you have done so far. Have you killed the orphanage headmistress? Did you report back to the child who wanted her dead after you killed her? Have you waited for the note? Until you tell us, we can't help you.

User Info: azyra

azyra - 2 years ago

1. If you killed the woman at the Riften orphanage, as per the quest for Aventus Arentino, then you usually have to wait approximately 3 days for the letter to arrive. If it's been more than three days, try standing in a secure location where a courier can reach you, like a Hold Capitol, and wait (not the select version, literally waiting, go make a sandwich, surf the internet, give him time to reach you). Don't go too far from the game, as this is one of the few courier deliveries that has dialogue options, though I think you receive the Mysterious Note before the dialogue options. If you wait for more than the time it take to make and enjoy your sandwich, and you still don't see the courier, check your inventory under books to make sure you didn't just miss the courier's delivery. Again, you're looking for the "Mysterious Note". If you have it, just sleep in a secure location (preferably an inn). If not, try sleeping at an inn anyways. If it doesn't happen, congratulations! Either the Brptherhood doesn't want you or, more likely, your game is glitched, and chances are the only way to fix it is to nix this game and start a new one. Sorry if I didn't help, I know you said you've done this questline before, but sometimes people just forget the steps.

User Info: DaJoe86

DaJoe86 (Expert) - 7 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. You don't really need the message, just go to a dungeon with a bed and sleep there.

User Info: Vipsanios

Vipsanios - 7 years ago 0   0