Why doesnt my bow do elemental damage?

1. I have a fire bow but it doesnt do fire damage when i shoot it
    i also have a lightning bow and it doesnt do lightning damage
    i have a divine and magic bow but i cant really tell what damage they are doing
    is putting an elemental bonus on a bow useless like putting it on a shield
    my theory is that it needs to make direct contact with an enemy like a sword to do elemental damage but i seriously have no clue cuz that would mean the darkmoon bow is useless but its a good bow. also dont submit any answers about ''its the parameter bonus'' that has nothing to do with anything, only a plus 15

User Info: sms_apex

sms_apex - 8 years ago

1. So obviously if you use a fire arrow you will do fire damage but thats not your question your asking why doesnt your fire bow+5 with a standard arrow do fire damage and the answer is its not a sword only things that make direct contact will do elemental damage as bows use arrows putting an elemental bonus on it is useless just stick with LONG BOW+14 or +15 AS ITS THE BEST BOW black bow of pharis sucks trust me im soul level 713 i have both bows +15 and LONG BOW BEATS BLACK BOW ANY DAY.

User Info: dargonite

dargonite - 7 years ago 0   3

1. If you want it to do fire damage, use fire arrows, a lightning bow is pretty pointless, since there are no lightning arrows. There are lightning bolts however, so it would work with a crossbow.

If you want to get max damage from a magic/enchanted/occult/divine bow, use moonlight arrows and make sure you have the stats to beck them up (int for mag/ench and faith for div/occ)

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982 (Expert / FAQ Author) - 8 years ago 2   0

1. I haven't enchanted bows before so I don't know whether or not this is true, but i think enchanting a bow increases your resistance to the element. I'm only guessing because I know that you can get your bow to do fire damage by purchasing Fire Arrows from the Female Undead Merchant in the Sewer Tunnel in the Undead Burg. I think its the arrows that provides the elemental damage and not the bow. I don't know for sure, so please don't kill me if I'm wrong. Look at your enchanted bows stats and look if the damage reduction is different (Ex: Fire Bow reducing fire damage taken)?

User Info: CrypticWolf

CrypticWolf - 8 years ago 0   2