Review by gfxdude2010

Reviewed: 11/07/07

Does anybody have a machete?

I NEED TO CUT MY ARMS OFF!!!

First off, I'd like to say that Guitar Hero III is THE best of the three Guitar Hero games. The songs are better, more popular and just more enjoyable to play.

BUT, this game also comes with new challenges. Most noteworthy are the battles throughout the career modes. I bought the game last Tuesday, and brought it home and thought to myself: "Should I really waste my time going through easy and medium? It wouldn't be very fun..." So you know what I did? I didn't do them! I went ahead and started with hard, just so I could get a feel for the game before tackling expert.

So I'm playing along, whooping Hards tail (got 90-99% on all songs) when I'm hit with "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" in the battle against "Lou." Well... Was I in for a surprise! To start out with, I'm playing fine. In the green after the first 10 seconds into the game, when it hits the continuous strumming of the green and red notes. So I'm thinking to myself: "Hmm, I figured this'd be godly hard. I'll beat this song, no problem!" DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! Because apparently Lou (loucifer) heard me think that, and decided to turn it around on me.

I got to where I'm continuously moving up and down the guitar, and not getting ANY battle attacks. I hit the part right afterwards with idk what it is, and he pulls a LEFTY FLIP on me!!! THAT'S CHEATING! I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. So, obviously I failed.

The same day, I spent 1.5 hours continuously hammering away at my guitar trying to beat him. I can get him down to red, but he will pull some crazy godly combo of an amp overload with a lefty flip, and kill me every time! I've even got within 30 seconds of the end! This song is making me so mad! I decided to lay off if it for a few days to try to not break the guitar by getting mad at it!

So, if you want my honest opinion, this is what makes this game so great! Challenges, new additions to gameplay, and more bloody guitars!

P.S. I'd advise going to options, and setting up the guitar to lefty flip, and practice playing some songs on it to learn how to do it! it really helps me! Even though I STILL HAVN'T BEAT THE SONG!!! I've tried 37 times now!

Product Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)