Review by RandomFellow

Reviewed: 07/14/16

Review of Test Drive Unlimited

This game is one of the best racing games ever created. I think anyone looking for a very unique, and fun racing game should get this. It's worth every penny.

About the game:

At the start, you character gets plopped off at Hawaii, and is aiming to become a great racer, or preferably, the BEST. After 1 race, you must buy a car, and a house. (all houses in this game look great btw)

At first, your options will be limited due to little money. But after winning money from races, you can buy more expensive, and better vehicles/houses.
There about 34 clubs, and if you beat the people in them, you could get stuff like new cars, or free upgrades. The game is in a free roam environment, so you can go everywhere on the island, even if you're not racing. And thanks to the trusty GPS you can make a trip to anywhere in the game. Sadly, there are cops, and will give you tickets for breaking the law. Throughout your journey, you will gain MASTER points, which allow you to race in higher class races, and sometimes get you a free car.
So go race, and work your way up, in one of the best racing games ever created.

The graphics in this game are pretty good. The landscape, houses, vehicles, and other things in this game are very well polished, and perfected. The only ugly thing are people, but you see very few of them.

Music: 9/10
The music is superb, with tons of nice tracks that go well with the game. There is a default music track that plays, but if you don't like it, you can change it with a huge list of other music. Very well written, and good to listen to.

The racing aspects of aren't the best I've seen. But the vehicles that are primarily affected by poor driving aspects are the class E and D cars. I really think it's good, but not the best. The thing about the tracks is that they don't have very interesting stuff in it, just driving fast along normal roads, but it's still fun, and rewarding. The AI is well programmed, and is at the perfect difficulty.

Functionality: 10/10
There are few glitches in this game, a quick load time, and the controls are very good, and responsive. Very good in my opinion.

Overview:
This game is excellent, and I think buying this game would be a good idea for those who like racing games. I know it's already 9 years old, which may seem old to some, but it's still awesome! I give the game overall a 9/10.

And I agree with the slogan of the game: Racing, Reinvented.

Product Release: Test Drive Unlimited (US, 03/20/07)