Review by vonkemp

Reviewed: 02/12/07

Level5 has done it again

Level 5 has made some of the funnest most satisfying games that I have ever played. Dark Cloud 2 was great, Dragon Quest was awesome, but I think Rogue Galaxy takes the cake.

"Action RPG's" are usually pretty fun, but this game makes it a blast. Normal fighting really isnt too deep, but switching from your sword to blaster in a second is awesome. The abilities you get, especially later on, make it even better. They not only destroy the enemies, but are visually stunning. My only gripe is that the AI is fairly dumb and die kind of quickly. The suggestion system is very cool, it makes it so you don't have to constantly go into the menus. Overall possibly one of the most fun RPG's to play

Graphics/Sound
Not much to say about the graphics: typical level5 amazing. Better than the other two games, which is saying a lot. By far my favorite part is the fact that all the weapons are different, and even show up in the in game cut-scenes. The music is pretty good, especially the choral music. The same goes for the voice acting. I especially like Zegram and Simon.

Story
This is the only part of the game I didn't find amazing. Thats not to say it wasn't good. It just wasn't quite as good as some other RPG's. I really do like the whole space Pirate thing and near the end it gets pretty intense. I just didn't feel that it was that big of a thing. I'd often just level up my weapons instead of advancing the story.

Extras
This game has got a few extras that pretty fun. Im not a huge fan of The Insectron tournament (you catch and battle bugs), but its not bad. The factory is kind of confusing but you can make some really cool stuff. Making the thousands of weapons is actually fun and the few hunts are really cool. The story isn't that long, but all the extras will keep you quite busy.

Overall
This is an amazing game, even after just playing FF XII. If you like RPG's give this game a try. Its a fairly lighthearted, fun RPG. Its not too easy, but you should have to spend hours leveling up. Which for most people is a good thing