Review by churchfan93

Reviewed: 07/02/07

Now some have been unfair here.

Many believe that this game isn't exactly what it should have been. Now, I'll admit, the lack of more characters and multi-player gaming disturbs me, but that's the only problem.

Gameplay- Very well done. The controls are rather responsive and easy to learn (the default ones), and it's very fun to perform different famous jutsus such as kage-bunshin (shadow clone) and rasengan. Although, I don't like having the ability to perform rasengan so early in the game. Anyway, I'll happily give gameplay a 8/10.

Graphics- Now, usually, I'm not a guy that believes that graphics make the game. But if I were, this game would be near perfect. Very well detailed for PS2, and the cutscene animation is rather incredible. When I first started playing this game, I noticed something strange though. The faces? No. The clothing? No, what was it??? The game is in 3D!!! I found that that was rather incredible that they were able to break away from the default and expected cell-shading type graphics. Because of this, I'm giving graphics a 10/10.

Sound- Now, I'm not a person that likes english dubs, hence I hate Naruto's voice. Other than that, it's not too bad. I've never seen an episode of the english dub, therefore I'm not sure if the music in this game is original, or from the anime, but thumbs up either way. It's also good to see that they usually did a good job on the voice acting though, so I'm going to have to give sound a 9/10.

Extra- This is where the other things go.

Replayability- Once you've beaten it the first time, you kinda know what to expect, so it isn't that great. Although the game makes up for this in other ways.

Rent or Buy?- Probably buy. If you aren't used to it, the game can be a little challenging in the beginning. Although if you simply want to beat things up and play as Naruto while doing it for a couple hours, rent this game.

Overall- This is a good game. Fun to play and with quite a few fun and quirky details. If you are a fan of Naruto, I highly recommend getting this game.

Overall score: 9/10