Review by Shade581

Reviewed: 03/20/06

Great, but not perfect

This is my first review and I decided to do it on PoP 3...as you may already know. Each of the sections are out of 10 and the overall isn't necessarily an average.

Graphics: 7.5
The graphics aren’t bad, but aren’t great either. The cinematic graphics are amazing but the in-game graphics are mediocre. I actually believe they could have done a lot better in this section. When the Sands of Time came out, the graphics for that time was amazing. But in then Warrior Within, I felt the graphics had deteriorated, or maybe they stayed the same, which is still bad because fans were expecting better graphics each sequel. I wasn’t disappointed with the graphics because I guessed that they wouldn’t be amazing after looking at PoP 2. There are a couple of details that are good though, like the Prince’s hair flowing when he runs, and some of the scenery. I don’t really care about graphics a lot…

Sound: 10
Great. When I 1st heard it I was kind of glad there wasn’t any more Godsmack’s repeated riffs, which at first is bearable, but after about 45 minutes in the game it just gets plain annoying. I'm glad they got back the more Arabic influenced music which they are supposed to have since it is Prince of Persia and not Prince of Modern America. And am I glad the prince doesn’t have orgasms during battle like in PoP 2.

Gameplay: 9
Hallelujah! This is where the game truly shines. The acrobatics, the movement, the throwing swords at enemies and stabbing people in the back (literally) are just plain fun. There’s not a better way to describe it. The fighting system, although not as fun as God of War, is still amazing. They had removed a couple of moves from the fighting list like strangling your enemy to death have been removed from PoP 2, but still cool. The platforming, just like the other 2 titles, is awesome. And of course they’ve added more concepts to the platforming: The daggertail swinging and chute climbing/descending. Speed Kill is one of the best innovations of the 3rd game. It’s a test of reflexes and its just cool. You do these cool moves and all you have to do is press square on time. Although at some points it may seem like killing the enemy face to face is easier that finding a way to sneak up behind him, its still pretty cool. And of course you can manipulate time as well as create sandstorms and what not to help you gain the upper hand in battle. Finally, The Dark Prince. This guy is amazing…stronger, faster, and equipped with a whip-like daggertail, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Story: 9
Pretty good. I like how the Vizier comes back because the sands haven’t been created. That was a good idea that worked. I don’t have much to say about the story because I don’t want to ruin it for you. There’s a good script with the good old, wisecracking prince, rather than the anti-social PoP 2 prince.

Overall: 8
Overall, I think it’s the graphics that’ll probably turn you off. Yea I think that’s about it, and if you are going to buy, or at least rent, I hope you enjoy it.