Review by Speed

Reviewed: 01/20/06

Prince of Persia is now a game that sticks in my head

My first review so bear with me. And what do you's on an incredible game such as this.

Story - 10/10
The story of the game is great. I love a game with a great storyline. The princess has been captured, as the game starts off, and he moves across the streets of Babylon to find her. During about 10% of the game you come to her but she dies...I know...Very sad *sniff*. Anyway, now you are on your quest to slay the Vizier but you also find out alot about the Prince in the process. The way Himself, the dark prince, and the princess narrate the story along the progression of the game is very fun and fulfilling along with entertaining. But I wont go into "too" much detail on that...I'll let you play the game yourself.

Graphics - 9/10
The game really get's crazy with this one. You actually feel like you're in the city of Babylon when you escalate to a rooftop. As you acrobat yourself from chapter to chapter you can't help but stop and just enjoy the music and look around, using the camera, at the beautiful scenery being placed in front of you. This is by far the highest graphical PoP ever made.

Sound - 10/10
I dont know where they got their music from but they outdid themself with this one. As you go from chapter to chapter the music captures you to the sense where as you're fighting countless monsters and sand creatures you try to fight on beat with the music. The sound of your sword clashing with a Sand Creatures flesh or the sound of your footsteps on the Babylonian streets is enough to take you into another world.

Gameplay - 10/10
Where to start...where to start. Out of all the games I have played in my life this is some of the most intense, free-lane gameplay I have every played. When I read the back of the case where it said you can craft your own fighting style using the free control they were not lying. Whatever combo you have up your sleeve or whatever button you press you create you own combos. You fight to save your life not to do a move. The way you acrobat yourself, roofhop, wallrun, backflip, stop time, slow time....etc. etc. you will enjoy yourself. The gameplay is just outstanding and that's all I need to say.

Replay Value - 7/10
Now dont get confused yes this is an amazing game but if you play it again're really just spoiling a good thing. It's enough to do it once or twice but to continue....this game just isn't made for that. It's made for one gameplay and that's it...That way you dont spoil a good thing and you can keep yourself was a great experience.

So in the end I would buy this game for two reasons. 1) It's a great game to add to your collection and to brag to your friends about and 2) It's Prince of Persia...It's know the deal.

Would you recommend this